1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance Rant.

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Lucazade, Jun 10, 2018.

1. So bit of rant.

I live in beckenham. Went to look at new flat in Crystal Palace.
    Distance 4.1 miles in a car from my current home.

My insurance for 1200R and 999 fully comp was 1260ish pounds in beckenham when I took it out December.

Called insurer to ask how much it would be in Crystal Palace. Was expecting some increase as I am mid term (6 months in to insurance run).

Conditions for bikes do not change, private, brick build garage, no commute, trackers, chains basically same as now except different postcode.
    I also have 7y NCB on this cover, have car with 0 NCB and another policy for scooter also 0 NCB.

Increase in premium was 1500 for 6 months.

WTF. They basically told me that most insurance companies are pulling out from insuring bikes in London postcodes (BR3 is Kent se19 is London).
    We are heading for hard times.

• WTF WTF x 1
  2. Went up to 1500 our went up to 2700 based on your 1200 current? That's fecking scandalous.

3. Its extra 1500 for remaining 6 months

• WTF WTF x 2
  4. Thats insane.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. That's absolutely ridiculous dude

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Insurance ombudsman?

7. How would that help? They did not do anything illegal as they offered cover.

8. Round two i went to do a quick quote online just for 1200R to make it easy. Beckenham 1500 at first hit crystal Palace 2900

9. They check out injustice not illegality afaik

10. OK will see but afraid that if I piss them off (insurer) I will not get cover next year.

11. crystal palace is at a higher altitude than Beckenham - does that have an effect?

also there was big fire in 1936 that may still be having an impact!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information