1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance Recommendations For A V4s Corse

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Martin P V4S Corse, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Hi All,

New to this site and taking delivery of a V4S Corse this week (with full Akrapovic system and few other mods), finding it difficult to get the thing insured. Quotes so far range from MCE (nearly £9k) to Ducati with 15% off at £4K. I was expecting to pay up to £2k but quotes received so far seem ridiculous (several of the big companies even refuse to provide a quote)!..... any recommendations will be much appreciated!

2. What is your NCB & age if you don't mind me asking, riding experience (years).

Hasting
    Bemoto
    Carol nash

3. Unfortunately NCB has expired as been over 2 years since last insured, I’m 42 and had sports bikes since 18. Carrol Nash declines to quote but will try the others thanks.

4. If theres literally no where you can always resort to the 3 letter Big Ed brand, but the policy in reality would only be worth the paper its written on. Thats who I'm with but it pretty much just allows me to ride the bike on the road legally. Could try Bennetts?

5. Thread moved

6. Try Bikesure that’s who I’ve been with for years.

7. Welcome along Martin ,good luck

8. You only lose the NCB if you've not had insurance for three years. Unless cars & bikes policies are different as I'm going off my knowledge of car coverage.

9. Sure? I thought it was 2 for both.

10. Yeah 2 years for both

11. I believe it depends upon the individual insurance company. I recently sold my BMW (car) and cancelled the insurance. Hastings Direct wrote to me confirming my NCB and advising they would honour it for 4 years.

Regarding the (fabulous) V4s Corse, have you tried a quote using a lower value? I found that £19,999 made a dramatic difference on my V4s and I am aware that others have also experienced this (there is a similar thread somewhere). £20k+ seems to be a bit of a magic number. Good luck regardless, Richard

12. Have you tried Wicked Quotes (aka Ramasis) who used to trade as Ducati Insurance ? They found an underwriter for my V4S Speciale Magnesio at a very reasonable premium although subject to conditions (tracker, ground anchor etc) Andy

13. You lost me there ..... " 3 letter Big Ed brand "
    Could you give another hint ( if you don't want to actually name them ) ?

14. Same for me and my Multistrada, Ramasis insured me, albeit at quite a high premium. My previous bike, MV Turismo, valued at just under £15k and was pretty reasonable with Carole Nash at around £300 p/a. Asked them to quote for the Multistrada and they said that they wouldn't be able to offer me cover due to the value of the bike being over £15k, for clarity I don't have a garage, they would have been able to if I had one. Ramasis got cover with the same underwriter for £700. A bitter pill, hopefully I'll be out of rented accomodation by renewal date and will see a benefit. Will also ring around as depreciated value will be less than £15k too.

15. MCE mate

16. Thanks for that ....
    Never heard of them , but I may well end up going there !

If it keeps the boys in blue happy , it might have to do for now ,
    and I can review the situation later .

As I mentioned in another insurance thread here , a whole lifetime's worth
    of no-claims discount got wiped out , simply because me and the bike
    were out of the UK for a few years .

I was with CN for a long time , and they used to be good , but now they won't even acknowledge my history with them ......
    ..... even though I've still got the original documents , policy numbers etc.

Ultimately , these companies make their own rules and we all have to follow them .

But there's something smelly about the whole industry IMO .

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information