1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance Risk Map

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Lucazade, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Due to my other rant looking for assistance.

Is there a website that has a map showing level of risk as insurance companies see it for insuring motorbike per postcode in London and sorrounding areas?

It seems I need to look for a flat not only with garage but also in correct postcode to insure bikes. At same time I see no way of knowing which postcodes are even ok?!

2. No idea. It’s just something I found in google. Which is what you could have done.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. No need to be bitchy I found that one but it's not a map and no assurance its accurate hence asking either for better one or conformation this one is usable

4. My question is why bother finding one? You can't really change it can you?

5. No but just had a look. Assuming it is accurate.

Se19 (crystal palace) is allegedly high risk.
    BR3 Beckenham is less then half way between medium and high risk.
    Lee which is se12 is same as Beckenham, so is Greenwich and Lewisham/Catford (wtf how come Catford is as safe as Beckenham)

I would not live in Lewisham but Greenwich or Lee is ok

6. But I'm assuming none of this would change where you move to ? If it changes where you live, I get it, but if not, what's the good in knowing? :thinkingface:

PS. Move out of London :upyeah:

7. I am looking for a place to move to so if I knew Se19 is a no would not waste time.

Movi g out of London and pay 3k a year or more for ticket to London puts me in same position financially but travel time is longer.

8. Ring your insurer and ask them? :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Yeah coz insurers are known to be helpful and forthcoming with information. ..

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I did, it's London postcode and that is why. That is how they told me that most insurance companies have already pulled out of insuring London and rest is doing it soon.

11. So again, you know this about London, so I'm struggling to see the point of this thread ??

Right, so London is very dear to insure stuff, elsewhere not so bad... There, glad I could help :upyeah:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  12. Wayne, we are trying to find a part of London which isn't in London for insurance purposes.

Be a helper, Wayne, not a hater.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. You’d move out of London, pay more for travel but ultimately it’s just a nicer life. Lower insurance categories also show less crime in general, cleaner air, soft water etc...

House prices also more realistic. Just do it, move out of the smog. Probably get a place with an actual garage too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. If I were in this position I'd simply move out of London, not just because of insurance purposes, but I don't see the benefits of living in London when you can commute on a bike.

London is great if you're very central, but even then it comes with a fair few downsides, anything out of central London whereby it's multiple DLR/tubes to get central then you're better off living further out away from the hassle of it all.

Only my opinion obviously and appreciate many people like it, but I'm afraid it's very unlikely that insurance will get cheaper or risk areas will shrink, more likely they'll expand further out due to the amount of crime in London spiralling.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. All the shit that London brings, is spreading further and further out. Mother in law lived in quite an affluent area of Greater London, she’s just moved out into the countryside. Her Street was still ok, but you only had to go 5 minutes up the road before the stabbings and the drug dealing starts.

My wife’s grandmother lives in the penge/catford area. She’s lived there since the 60’s. She now doesn’t like leaving the house unless someone is driving her. Her streets have been turned into low economic, social housing. That’s brought the gangs, drugs and violence. Sitting in her garden the other week and the flats behind her garden were blasting out grime or drill music. The kind that advocates drugs and violence.

Get as far out as you can, for that sake of your kids (if you have or plan to have any).

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. So how about a non London post code just outside of London, ring them again and ask them which is cheapest this time :)

17. As usual post is now becoming useless as no one can stay on track.

Wayne58 if I knew insurance got that expensive in London I would not have made a post asking for above map. Found out on the go as you do.
    You are making a selfish assumption that everybody wants to move out of London. I do not want to live in middle of sticks I am not old and am not up for a 2h commute where I have a 40 min commute now.

JH_1986 - So lets say travel costs match increase in travel costs if you move out. How is moving our greater quality of life if you would need to travel to London for work 2h each way (no do not want to switch where and what I do).

damodici - I love living in London and my public transport commute involves 14 min walk, 25-30 min train ride and another 14 min walk. If i push it door to door can do it in 1h with coffee break. Scooter less.

I do not want to live outside London most of those place are quite grim and limited in what you can do.
    Within 15 min walk I now have cinema, 18 restaurants plus few pubs, 3 theaters, couple of gyms, 2 spa's and few other activites.

Above mentioned train ride gets me so much more. If living outside is so great why people whom move mostly eventually find job outside London and if they want to go see proper play, get a 2* michellin restaurant visit done or stay in 5* hotel mostly come back. It's all relative but in London a lot is on tap and I want to stay here. Question was for a map so since most of you are now on band wagon of bashing London and saying move out not caring what others want we might as well stop this thread here.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information