1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance V4

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by cure dore, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Hi All

I’m expecting delivery of a v4 speciale At the end of the month. I’ve been looking at insurance and the cheapest I can find so far is £1750. I’m 43 no convictions, 10 years plus no claims with a DE postcode. Held a license since 96, ducati security and stored in brick built garage

Does this sound about right price wise, as I also have a MV Augusta F4 750 and am only paying £85 per year, granted it’s worth a lot less

Thanks for your opinions

Nick ☺️

2. It sounds very similar to other’s first experiences although higher than some are actually paying. The V4 Speciale is not a bike that you can ‘go compare’ on the internet, you will need to talk to a broker. If you search in the dedicated Insurance section you will see relevant discussion and advice. Andy

#2 Android853sp, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. That sounds right. I'm all ticked in the green boxes for a base model - lots of other riders I spoke to as well - and still struggle to get below 1300; for a bike that speciale*, that's a deal.

*see what I did there :bucktooth:

4. Thread moved

5. f*ck me!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I was paying £900 plus back in 1993 for the fireblades,,,expensive this old biking game:(

7. But you were 25 years younger... ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bradds,thanks for reminding me:(and yes you do find the money anyway you can:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. That’s why they can’t sell them, Cheapest quote I had was £1280 , all quotes go via a broker due to price .

11. Jesus, that's pricey. I thought $825.00 was high, hopefully the insurance companies will figure it out soon.

12. I would not pay above £500 for insurance for a single bike.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. I was quoted £8630 for my V4S. With MCE- the only quote I could get!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Yours not insured yet then?

15. That's £23.64 per day:eek:

16. My 1299S and my 916 are fully comp, full NCD, garaged, alarmed and secure and that cost me £800 sobs and I thought that was daylight robbery. My 1198 and 916 cost me £400.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. My 1098R, 748R and Multistrada cost me just over £300 on renewal last year. I’ve already put out feelers on what the renewal will be in September with the V4 Speciale and no surprises, only promises that they are sure they will be able to offer me a policy, just no idea how much. Andy

18. Nope....

Insured by me :)

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Insurance companies have become right cnuts in recent years. They’ve been battered by fraudsters with whiplash, crash for cash etc. And guess who’s gotta pay for it? Yep, ussssss....
    They’ll bum us any which way. In my case it’s zero no claims bonus with bikes. Got loads with cars. I own a high performance car worth loads more than my V4S (and a higher top speed) and my insurance is £385 a year....

20. But the car probably can’t be nicked by a scroat on a scoot o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information