1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intercom Experiences?

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Air Duck, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Yes another bloody intercom thread. Am doing a foreign road trip with another bike and have no idea about the state of the market with intercoms and would appreciate any opinions/experiences etc that any of you may have.

Trip will be touring on ridiculously huge touring bikes and I want bike-2-bike comms only (no pillions on either bike). Two bikes in total, mine plus the other.

Other guy is using an Interphone Tour however if I can get something usable and compatible cheaper I'd be seriously tempted as I'm sure it'll just sit in a box for the rest of its life after this trip.

I guess they all have the ability to listen to the radio etc? It'll be riding mostly all day every day and that might just save me from going insane listening to the engine thrum instead.

I don't really need features like voice control, phone calls, SMS, whatever - just bike to bike comms and the ability to listen to music and sat nav directions.

What I DO want is some ability to record the conversations, so some kind of combined-audio output connector is required.

I want something that will seamlessly reconnect to the other bike if/when disconnected - ie no messing about re-pairing/connecting or whatever.

I've never used one of these products so am starting from zero, any help/opinions/advice appreciated :upyeah:

2. Sena 20S or their new 30K mesh system. Will connect to a host of other peripherals and used in conjunction with their Prism camera you can record (overlay) your own audio as well as another riders audio using Bluetooth. I've used it (20S) extensively on trips when talking to my other half on her Monster or when riding on my own. Great kit and worth the extra cost

https://www.cyclegear.com/_a/assets/0002/0774/UsersGuide_30K_v1.0_en_170821.pdf

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. That looks good but is an expensive camera for me as we're shooting this in 4K so that Prism camera would be primarily for the audio - which it looks perfect for however it only takes a 32GB card which is impractical (each camera is already going to require several 128GB cards per camera per day).

The intercom itself looks really useful at a glance (will tuck into the manual), thanks for that.

I'd go for that if the camera was a more modern spec including 128GB card support.

Thanks for the pointers :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information