1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing Myself. A Born Again St4s Owner...

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Raynewalk, Aug 7, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

Hi All,

Doing the introduction thing. I actually bought my bike a while back now and have been posting to different forums. There cannot be a correct one I suppose but I joined Ducati.org which has an international flavour. Great people and advice but not what I actually intended. Bit of a worry as I work in IT :blush:

Firstly, I hate the born again moniker. I prefer once a biker always a biker. I rode for pleasure, commuting, shopping, work, holidays for years before parenthood and speed tax cameras finally put me off. I always had Japanese bikes and aspired to a Ducati ST2.

I prevaricated for ages before purchasing my ST4s and read copiously on previous roadtests and forums advice. After a 14 year lay off I was considering a Multistrada or an ST2 but after trying a Yamaha Tracer 900 I decided the upright riding position was not for me. I wimped out on an ST2 for no good reason and a super low mileage ST3 but when I test rode the ST4s I was hooked.

I have been gradually feeding in power and speed and gaining confidence. Chicken lines nearly gone on the back tyre. The bike does inspire confidence and I am delighted I plumped for a sportier machine. Each to his or her own, of course, but I find that the initial 'scary power' rapidly becomes usable power to relish and enjoy and the handling is really sublime. I now understand what all the Duke fanatics were going on about and I get it. 2 cylinder torque, handling that makes you feel truly unworthy and character and style that only the Italians can deliver.

I have had one breakdown so far (about 1500 miles into ownership) which was the clutch slave. I have replaced with an Oberon unit. Will be riding to the MotoGP this month. If there is a group meeting up, perhaps at the Super Sausage Cafe in Towcester, I'd love to join in a convoy.

The picture is of my beloved machine at rest in Thaxted, Essex on a leisurely ride out last year.

Happy riding.

Cheers

Greg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hi and welcome.
    I love the ST models. Great choice.:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. And you got the right colour too :)

Welcome into the mad house hopefully you will find all that fulfills you in this here forum :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome - your house is tiny :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. We can't all afford castles like you hexy :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Welcome on board.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome Dave

8. The bed is a bit uncomfortable too

9. It's Greg, cheers:beer:

10. Fair enough Dave :)

11. Cheers Trig

12. Someone nicked the sulo bins!! Lovely bike, i did truly love my 4S too,enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information