1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iom Tt 2017

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Chris916multi, May 30, 2017.

1. Anyone know of a Ducati or Triumph owners meet up at this years IOM?
    Anyone else going?

2. thread moved

3. I'm going tomorrow. Staying at union mills campsite. Looking forward to a good TT I'm going on my R1 but I did read on here somewhere that there was going to be a Ducati meet up .

4. 9.00 pm tonight ITV4 IOM on telle :)

5. I think there's a Ducati meet at Port Erin golf club, it used to be at the railway station, there is a thread on here about it somewhere.
    Steve

6. Will be there but on the GS, staying at Glenlough Camping Site. Will be keeping an eye out for Ducatis old and new :)

7. That's the camp site I'm on

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Yes the Italian bike meet is on 6th Tuesday night Hope to see you all there.

9. Been at the TT since last Wednesday. I am really enjoying the atmosphere but be honest unless you are willing to sit next to the track all day the options for things to do seem limited. There are so many people you can't move, and the evening's at the beach front is just like any other rally I have been to.

But still, another tick off the bucket list,:upyeah:

10. Just seen the interview of Guy Martin after his crash. I reckon that is someone whom has seen one crash too many and realises that he isn't immortal. He looks really really spooked.
    I think if I was him I'd be looking at hanging up the leathers.

But what is going on with Honda ? Seems to be something serious going on with that bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Just seen the interview of Guy Martin after his crash. I reckon that is someone whom has seen one crash too many and realises that he isn't immortal. He looks really really spooked.
    I think if I was him I'd be looking at hanging up the leathers.

But what is going on with Honda ? Seems to be something serious going on with that bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. My thinking is it's something to do with hondas new electronics. It sounds like (you can hear) guy trying to get a gear, but nothing so maybe a blipper failure or something ?

Interesting reading this morning that a lot of new blade owners have had issues with false neautrals as well...

Doesn't look good though and isn't hugely dissimilar to johns shunt at the north west either.

They've had a shit time with it in wsbk too! And it doesn't look like the factory are really supporting like they should.

My opinion is Honda rushed it out the door and a lot of the teams got the bikes last minute which has left no time to actually develop the bike.

13. Due to the Earthquake ^^.

14. Tent was flapping last night, three trees down and roads flooded, otherwise some great racing.
    Steve

15. Honestly never seen the attraction.

16. Bit windy but going to head up to the Italian meeting, hopefully there might be some Italian food there too, not sure I can consume anything else that's been deep fried..

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. looking rather better today I would imagine?

18. MK Drew - if you go where other bikers go you'll get what other bikers expect (there's nothing wrong with the prom, but it is as you say, like everywhere else - purple helmets excepted. There is nothing like them elsewhere. Local laws usually prohibit that sort of thing). Go round the island, visit places, eat food, drink beer in picturesque places (and get the bus back), ride on olde trains/trams etc.
    I sometimes think my favourite moment is being on post and the roads closing, the course car gone. and suddenly there is silence and birdsong. Then you hear the ripping sound of a motorbike engine from several miles away, and it's game on...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fine weather and great racing today, practice cut short due to an accident on the mountain, looking like rain tonight and tomorrow.
    Steve

• Crap Crap x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information