1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ios 11 Anyone?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by bradders, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Few nice bits in the latest iPad release :upyeah:

Keyboard will take some getting used to....!! And split screen will too :rolleyes:

2. The new font is a bit Fisher Price i think, sure it will grow on me in time though.

3. Pete1950 esque you mean ;) yes, it is lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. The office have been playing about with VR dragons and things this morning.

9BA38D7B-5BD9-40FB-963E-FCE74C8AC3D9.png

5. Mine's downloading now

6. So high quality and expensive then

7. Can't say I have used any of the features from IOS10 yet.

8. I use an iPad Pro (small one) for work and find the split screen brilliantly useful. And the last update added picture in picture, so I can watch TV in the corner while surfing the net or reviewing a document. Doesn’t work on all apps (alas not sky or Bt) but still useful.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Still so tempted by a new iPad! Not sure if it does split screen on my older one?

10. It’s the Pro only afaik. I have the smaller one (bought 4 weeks before the 10.1 came out!!) and I am considering buying the bigger version now. I use for work every day (notes, thoughts, drawings) it’s 80% replaced my PM notebook

• Like Like x 1
  11. I've downloaded it to my iPhone and since then the battery discharges ten times faster than it ever used to :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Have you tried the usual battery-life things after the upgrade? Push notifications? Location services? Have you rebooted it since the upgrade?
    I had that symptom after an earlier upgrade, but managed to sort it out.

13. Part of the new os is it disables calls when in a car. So it must be monitoring far more activity in the background. One thing I’d turn off immediately...

14. Comes turned off by default doesn’t it. Sensors may well still be monitoring though so still worth a look.

Loving that O2 now have Wi-fi calling on the new software. Been using that crappy O2 TuGo app for years as no signal at home.

15. Thanks for that. The update seems to have switched on every notification possible. Now changed it back to how it should be so I will monitor it.

16. Just blew 20% of my battery on a helicopter/zombie AR game. Many zombies have died :D

Next step, multiplayer AR where the phones can communicate and see the same objects.

17. Isn't that one of those kiddies Pokemon game things....

18. Similar principle with the augmented reality. Big difference is that I don’t have to catch them all, I just blow them all away with machine guns

19. We use Whats App calls for wifi calling.

20. I use that to, just can’t use it for people not using WhatsApp. With the new O2 Wi-fi calling, I can now actually receive those calls from lost delivery people etc.

Try not to use the home phone as a couple of phone calls seems to double the bill

Do Not Sell My Personal Information