1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Iphone Chargers , What’s Best ?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by jacko1, Mar 28, 2020.

1. I am looking for a hard wired charger for my iPhone, I had ultimate Addons charger on my last bike and was very impressed with it, is there a Hela din socket under the seat or should I wire direct to battery ?
    Cheers

2. No do it through a ignition controlled circuit if you can because when the bike is not being used a USB device still consumes power which can drain a battery over time, cheap chinese versions are shocking at the amount they draw when still powered, good versions will state the amount they draw at idle.

3. Batteries on bikes are tiny and really they are not designed to charge electronics when the alternator is not working,

4. On my 1260, the USB jack under the pillion seat is switched off when the ignition is off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Can't you take it off the feed to the lighter socket plug?

6. I had an Eastern Beaver PC 8 fitted to my V Strom which is triggered from the tail light. This means that it is useable when the ign switch is in Park position. I can,t even recall if the DVT even has such a position? Anyhow, it has 8 seperate power connections, fused for a total of 30A and 2 of those connections are unswitched. You could not make this for the price you can buy it! I never got around to fitting it to my Multi cos it already had factory heated grips and usb connections.
    A very useful device for adding extra stuff easily. image.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information