1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iphone Mini - Anyone Got One?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Jez900ie, Sep 24, 2021.

1. I'm thinking about buying one of these but would really appreciate the opinions of anybody who already has one.

For me the small size is perfect and my principle reason for considering the purchase, but one thing that really concerns me is the battery life. Earlier Apple phones I've had were terrible in this respect especially when compared to Android, which is why I haven't owned one for years. That said, the fast charging & wireless charging may have resolved this issue?

Would you buy another one if you lost yours today? What do you consider is the best feature of these 'phones?

Any and all comments gratefully received.

2. I have the iPhone 11 and battery life is much better
    I use mine constantly and I charge at night and that lasts till bedtime
    If I don’t use it much it’s lasts a couple days

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Have had a 12 mini for about 4 months. I much prefer the smaller, front pocket size format. I'm a light user, (handful of short calls, 2-3 hrs of music per day) and I'm getting 3-4 days between charging normally.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Didn’t know they did Minis? My company gave me a new iPhone 12 and I think it’s too big, it doesn’t fit in my pocket. I was told we have them because the camera is fantastic, that would be great if I was a photographer!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. The specs are the virtually the same on both. Whilst the size & weight differences are not huge, combined they make quite a difference when its in your pocket.

iphone 12
    Dimensions 146.7 x 71.5 x 7.4mm
    Weight 164g

iphone mini
    Dimensions 131.5 x 64.2 x 7.4mm
    Weight 135g

For some perspective the original iphone was

Original
    Dimensions 115 mm x 61 x 11.6 mm
    Weight 135 g

#5 Jez900ie, Sep 25, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  6. I have an iPhone 11 and the battery isn’t great tbh. Annoyingly, it’s also slightly different dimensions than the 8 (I think) which I had previously and so it doesn’t fit the phone holders on some my bikes anymore.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. +1 I didn’t even know they did such a thing.

I’ve got the 11 prolapse /max whatever it’s called and it’s okay. Massive, but I like them big..

the battery was initially really good and 10x better than any other iPhone I’ve previously owned. After 18 months or whatever it’s just as goosed as the others.

Got offered the 13 prolapse for ‘free’ last week. But to be honest it looks exactly the same as my 11 but with a slightly different camera.

so the same as all the other iPhones really.

8. Bought the wife a 12 mini honestly it is every bit as good as my XS and battery equally good I would happily have a mini but I prefer the larger form phone for web stuff and watching crap on youtube

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Ah one of those free 'phones they send provided you keep paying them for another 2 years?

I like the contents of the blouse to be big, what I stick in my pockets not so much.

rip.jpg

10. Exactly that. Not that I pay for mine anyway. Expenses dear boy :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks all, iphone Mini 13 duly purchased.

Seems a nice bit of kit, but there's a lot of things to learn having used an Android for years.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Apple pay absolute lifesaver when you have forgotten the bank card or Mrs has taken it to buy things that are not yellow with Ducati written on them

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. This quick options screen you bring up from dragging from top right, a lot of the on/off functions have deeper functionality if you press and hold them for example I can get to all the Bluetooth devices by pressing and holding the Bluetooth toggle switch

You can put different stuff on this screen too

If I think of anything else useful as I go I will post

765578A4-108C-4B5C-8DD6-0A85D4E2367E.png

#13 Count_Ducoo, Oct 14, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. If you drag from top left you get the notification / widget screen

7EAFD5B9-AD55-4655-850D-6197627BCC97.png

• Like Like x 1
  15. Drag from the bottom you get the app / tab screen good for swapping between the picture of your bank card and bastarding payment screens because her in doors has gone walkies with the card again or feverishly checking Ducati forums and Volvo forums for something to read

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information