1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Exhaust Popping/banging On Overrun Normal W/standard Cans?

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by MattM, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Hey all,

So I recently picked up a 2012 SF848, which annoyingly I've only ridden the once due to the unrelentingly awful weather.

First impressions were good, but I couldn't help but notice the standard cans popping and banging a lot on overrun. To start with I quite liked it, but it got me thinking that perhaps the bike is in a state of tune for some Termi/aftermarket cans as it would appear the bike used to have them - the standard cans on there at the moment are new looking. They certainly don't look 7k miles old. The servo has also been disconnected (something I appreciate you can obviously do with standard cans).

So I guess - after all that waffling - do SF848's do this and that's just the way they are?

[​IMG]

Cheers all.

2. On my 848 I fitted slash cut Termi's. With it came the filters and chip/up map for the ECU, when I installed the chip the dash read 'RACING' when the ignition switched on. Not sure if its the same on the SF's but its an easy check.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Good shout, easy to check as you said :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Would usually suggest it's running lean.
    As Andy suggested start with checking the correct ecu has been been fitted...:upyeah:

5. mine used to pop etc with standard cans

6. I bought one late last year with Termis and DP ECU and it was popping and banging on the over run which did become a little tiresome, did a TPS reset and on the short test run it was much better!:)

• Like Like x 1
  7. With my standard ST2, it was doing that for a bit. This was due to a slight air leak where the silencer attaches to an exhaust pipe. If he seller put back standard pipes to sell the bike, then they might not be on quite right.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Did you find the root cause @MattM :bucktooth:

9. It is, yours should say 848 TSE if on the standard cans. If Racing or Evo then it is thinking there is a slip on or full system.

10. An air leak in the exhaust will cause it to pop and bang on the overrun and the newer Ducatis with air injection all do it with the OEM exhaust.

11. My 848 is long gone, I left it in Aus before heading back here. Was my first Ducati, great bike

7213-1471889959-3bd059524f5f5fd6feadf80ba3638d70.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sorry, should of specified i was replying to @MattM

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information