1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is It Time For Rossi The Goat To Retire?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by NOODS X, Aug 4, 2019.

?
  1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Do you think Rossi should retire at the end of the 2019 season?

DC9BC252-78FA-4B41-83E0-D5DBE2E86E3C.jpeg

2. No because there’s already enough depressing stuff going on in the world.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. I reckon tomorrow's test will give him a better idea... If he doesn't think he'll be able to compete next year I expect he'll consider it....let's hope the new M1 gives him what he needs to give it a proper go for another year... Can't imagine he'll go much on past 2020.. He must be f@cked.. I can't even manage a 20 minute session without being tired at 41!! :joy::joy:

4. Wash your mouth out Noodle doodle, Rossi retire I don’t think so :)

• Like Like x 4
  5. What would he do for an income. Joke.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Whenever he does it will be a sad day, and a big loss for Moto GP.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. I would like for him to do one more year so all his fans can properly say goodbye.. especially at Mugello .. x

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Yes and no...let's see where he ends the season.
    Yes - better to retire whilst still competitive.I would not want to see him ride constantly out of top 5.
    No - he is easily in top 5 riders on the grid. It is unbelievable that VR rode on 500 2 stroke monsters and yet after 19 years he is still competitive and adapting his riding style to the new bikes.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Sorry but We all have to make the decision at some time, yes, even Rossi...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. As a Cockney Boy I often do... caus “ I’m forever blowing bubbles, pretty bubbles in the air...”

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. If Rossi is still having fun & enjoying the racing I reckon he should keep going.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. If he is having fun, and he's not winning it's definitely time for him to go!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I've wondered if the last two seasons when I felt he should have retired, if the sport itself is worried about him retiring and if in some way that has kept him going?.

Marquez has a good fanbase but none of the current riders has the fanbase rossi has and I wonder what they will do when he does retire? If yamaha can't give him the bike he needs, I can't see him being happy for much longer being 5th and 6th

14. Well thats been for some time now.

15. What’s with the G.o.a.T. Tag anyway, he’s good, he’s even A Great, but of All Time. Really?

16. Colin Edward's christened him the goat when he was his team mate and its carried on from there. I think where he is the greatest is not just about his racing record, which in itself is incredible. Its also what he has done for the sport, as in bringing it out of the doldrums with a combination of skill, charisma and undoubted love of what he does, still there to this day. Something that grinning Spanish bloke will never be able to reproduce or surpass no matter how many records he breaks.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. IMHO the big difference is people admire MM skill: whereas people admire Rossi the man.

At least he’s not a whinging lactose intolerant Aussie. Imagine the moves Marquez puts on people on being put on Moaner....he’d pack up and leave...oh no, hold on, he did that already once :poop:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I would like to see him sign off in a positive way onboard a competitive bike,that should have happened in 2015.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I’m not criticising anyone trust me as they are all way better than we will ever be, but, with Yamaha it seems rather strange that the satellite team does well most of the time, the Petronas team as it now is.. Marquez is an amazing talent, I genuinely believe he could ride anything fast ..Sometimes I think Riders/teams are looking for perfection with regards to set up etc rather than simply making the best of what you have and for that I give great credit to Crutchlow for his achievements on the said Honda too..
    I’m not a fan of either of them tbh but seeing someone as good as taming a wild bull is but a delight to see.. x

20. Voting is close at present.... x

Do Not Sell My Personal Information