1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is There Anything Real Out There Anymore..

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Noods, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Is there anything out there that’s actually real anymore..

After hearing of an e
    xtended family members plight the other day I’m seriously questioning it..

Let’s take a butchers at the evidence here..

We have fake news, but is that real fake news or fake fake news?
    Donald Trump, I question not only is his (?) hair real but is he actually for real?

Lady’s full of plastics and silicon with bits pointing upward when they should be more “ down south”
    Girlies who are not girlys and men who were once girlies..

3D printing, where you can print a new vehicle part etc from scratch? So would that make it a genuine fake part or a copy fake part.. god, my mind is deteriating, fast here..
    So, with that in mind will we soon be able to 3D print ourselves to be how we would like to be.. immortality could be realised with a printer.. that’s if you can ever afford the ink cartridges for the thing.

Fake fur mistaken for real fur.. well that’s an easy one imo.. for the only creature that should be wearing fur is an animal again imo. But, having got said that we do have a lady ( again ? ) at work with a lot of facial hair... so much so in fact that with her surname being Potter, some bright spark decided we should call her, Hairy Potter..

My reason for questioning this all is .. our extended family member, who through bloody hard work has built up a good equipment hire and sales buisiness.. anyway he got an e mail from one of his suppliers asking for payment of an invoice for 48k.. He told his secretary to get it paid pls.. this she said she did.

A couple of weeks later and another reminder for the 48k payment. After speaking with his secretary he called the supplier to say we mDe the payment weeks ago with the funds clearing their account..
    it then became apparent that some syber crook had intercepted the genuine original e mail invoice reminder before it had landed in our friends account and changed the actual genuine bank payment details on the reminder to a spoof account before sending it on its way.. they had paid an invented person their hard earned..

48k down was so hard to take but it doesn’t end there.. he had paid the bill yes but not to who it should of been, so now he stilled owed the supplier his 48k.. his outlay on that bill was now £96k...

Hence my question ..

NOODS x

• Like Like x 2
  2. When the internetz finally stop working that will be the end of civilisation. Or we will have to talk to each other again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. My overdraft is very real.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. had the same issue at work but for a hell of a lot more I had been told to pay by my boss who is abroad, it was all so believable and in the end I refused to do it being told I would lose my job etc, turned out it was a fake they had hacked into our system and even copied the style of my bosses emails by studying him, horrible basterds would like to meet them somewhere suitable and have a word...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Is that a real question Noods ?

• Like Like x 1
  6. I don't trust internet banking it's cash or cheque for me

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. NOODS! Who the heck is that.? Never heard of him mte..

I guess Even Shakespear had problems in his day with.. to be or not to be an all that twoddle ...

Fake tan is another one too...what’s that all about? X

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Trouble is the way things are going there will soon be no actual banks anymore to take your cheques or cash too... x

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mmmmm... no emails, no texts etc... We will have to revert back to picking up the phone to be able to..

... “Phone home ET”
    X

• Like Like x 1
  10. I read a similar case involving a solicitor’s email system being hacked and a couple losing their money they were buying a house with.

I would be finding out who’s email they got into, and making them liable for the money. If the supplier’s email was the one hacked, then I’d make them liable to claim on their business insurance for the £48k.

• Like Like x 2
  11. It's the Matrix baby woohoooo

12. I’m real :)

• Love You Love You x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. exe is a real pain the ass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  14. Tell him to lube you more, it will ease the pain

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Your real.........ly Hitler :)

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  16. He likes the pain :innocent:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. the smoke in this kitchen is real, the wife "really" cant cook

• Like Like x 2
  18. There’s a fair bit of doubt about Shakespeare being real...

19. Might as well be the President

• Like Like x 1
  20. anyway, back on track, I have lots of starving children and we all live on teh street, please send me money and I promise I will do something with it

Do Not Sell My Personal Information