1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is There Something Wrong With Me?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Nigel Machin, Oct 15, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Im not condoning the whole towel on yer sunbed thing, however, when challenged I take no prisoners. Yesterday by shear 1st day luck we secured what appears to be the best sunbed location, the envy of all :)
    I got the incling that my sunny disposition and hence my wife’s happiness may be threatened today especially from the couple who spent most of yesterday pointing at my location and the suns relative position to it throughout the day.
    My military plan swung into action this morning at 5:50am securing beds with towels and a random t shirt, my stamp of personality! Retreating to the comfort of my room for the next hour to watch proceedings unfold
    I’m not one to leave beds empty for hours, so as soon as the sun rose and had I the opportunity to grab a nice latte I settled into my lounger with a rye smug smile on me face
    My competition arrived at 07:30 with a rather disapproving look, I now await his return with his unhappy wife in tow
    Yours a very smug Nige
    6B19805B-E984-43CE-8B09-5AD3EFF91D43.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Tomorrow I'm getting up at 5am :mad: if his wife is ugly it's not me and I could be in a different place (like the office) :thinkingface:

3. I would wheel you into the pool btw o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Are you Satan?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. You really have no idea how to properly relax.

I'd get up half an hour before I got to bed if it would secure me a decent sunbed for the day.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. You're not German are you?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nein!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. That’s the thing I’m wide awake at 4 anyhow as it’s 6 hrs behind Uk

9. Didn’t read the thread, just the title and came here to say ‘Yes’ regardless :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. If I want a sun bed and it’s unattended I just fold the towels up and place them on a nearby table. If or when asked I reply someone from the Hotel came round and folded up unattended towels.

If necessary I explain the same in German- using louder English words and speaking slower.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. I’d chop down the silly thatched umberella and stick it in your cocktail

Have you considered time share ?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Cancun Mexico :)

13. Couldnt give a fuck....never been that way inclined....earlier this year we went for the usual sunbed holiday.....i dont think we even made it down by 11...but ive got no interest in sunbeds/getting a tan etc etc...

14. No but I’ve always kept an open mind :)

15. And you aren't dead yet? That must be a record!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. That's very kind of you I usually pick the towels up and launch um into the pool.

17. I would have slept the night on it :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Habits of a lifetime and that ...

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I don’t like sunbed holidays, is there something wrong with me?

Really don’t get the idea of spending thousands of pounds traveling to another country only to lie by a pool in a generic hotel. If I want to relax I’ll stay in bed.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. I'm with you on that one, pointless, my ex-wife would fly us half way round the world to sit on a sun lounger until home time, I was climbing the walls by the end of day one. It makes no sense at all sat next to half naked strangers most of whom would be in danger from Japanese whaling trawlers...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information