1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Is This An Oem 848 Seat

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by dale900ss96, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Hi Guys, i have just brought an 848 2009, is the seat in the picture the original 848 seat or an aftermarket seat, the reason i am asking is that i brought a nice seat cover from an Italian company meant for the 848 but i am not confident that it will fit, do all 848 seats bolt down from the top of the seat as in the picture as the cover i brought has no bolt holes. many thanks seat 004-Optimized.JPG seat 005-Optimized.JPG

2. That is a Superpole seat. It is a Ducati Performance item, not the original seat supplied with the bike.
    I am sure there will be a number of people on here who would willingly take it off your hands.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. That is the standard fixing for the 848/1098/1198 seat regardless of the type. Potentially you have a super pole seat there which is a good up grade. Andy

4. I’m just a too slow typer :( Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sure I have an original seat somewhere if you would like to swap ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Thank you everyone for your quick replies, that puts me in a bit of a dilemma then lol do i sell the seat or seat cover mmmmmmmm thanks for the help everyone cheers

7. [​IMG]Hi sorry guys but this has got me confused as Android853sp said That is the standard fixing for the 848/1098/1198 seat regardless of the type meaning as in the first picture with the fixing bolts going in from on top of the seat, but in this last picture of an oem seat there are no bolt fixings going in from the top of the seat, is this right,, cheers

8. The OEM seat fixings are in the same place. You have to peel back the rear corners of the pad to get to the screws beneath.
    Very gash but it works.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Superpole, like wot iz on mine (below) About 2" to 1" higher than standard at various points and flatter so you don't slide forward. Padding at the front of the seat to push you backwards. Super grippy so you don't slide around. One of the best mods you can buy. :upyeah:

IMG_5896.JPG

#9 Robarano, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. P.H.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. P.W. to be accurate. :bucktooth:

12. NE - Hore :rolleyes:

13. Thanks guys that totally clears it up or me, 1098 looking good:upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. upload_2018-2-22_22-33-35.png

Although I am worried, :worried: I wouldn't usually bracket myself with any of those adjectives. o_O

Well..... sex worker once, but I didn't make much, so packed it in. :blush:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 2
  15. Gota try mate :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Pics of my seats to show you the difference.
    The DP seat is well nice. IMG_1128.JPG IMG_1129.JPG IMG_1130.JPG

17. As you have been told by all above, you have a Superpole seat. This is the best modification you can do to a 1*98... The standard item is slippy and they've been responsible for most owners crushing their man jewels several times when pressing on a bit :)

Bought one for my 1198 after reading peoples raving reviews and recommendations on here and it was £160 (new from Ducati) well spent in my eyes... If you decide to re-cover your original instead though, I can't see you having any trouble finding a good home for it on here!

Ben.

18. So using the SP seat will mean a taller seat height? (I'm 5 7" so not blessed with long legs!)

19. Just to add, I bought a 1098 a few weeks ago, have found myself sliding back on the seat under hard acceleration. It has the OEM seat. Ducati did make a racing seat too, neoprene covered. Not sure how much better or worse that would be compared to the Superpole.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information