1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is This Standard On The 1100’s

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Felstmiester, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Just took the front beak fairing off and this box is stuck on top of the under guard with 3m tape. Plugs into what looks like factory plug then goes to two fuse housings that kinda looks aftermarket?

6AE7CD0F-5B0F-4DD0-82E1-C8F8C902BCE9.jpeg

A134C4E5-7450-414C-89AC-21587B894A73.jpeg

2. Bike Trac tracker. Andy

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. ???

4. It is a subscription, 3 band, Tracking system marketed by a UK company called Bike Trac, biketrac.co.uk. Clearly a previous owner valued the bike sufficiently to buy one or the insurer insisted on one being fitted. Andy

5. If I can I wanna get rid of it. It’s heavy!

6. The box is powered by the battery. Check that it is not still connected before cutting the wires. Andy

7. You cant get rid of it, you will always know where it is..

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. You can give biketrac a call and check the status of the subscription on the tracker.

Chances are if the previous owner stopped paying then they will offer to renew the subscription with you if that is what you want.

If you don’t want it then trace the wires back to where they have been spliced into the main loom and remove the unit - make good the loom with some good insulating tape.

The unit has a battery backup but if the subscription isn’t current then it won’t make any odds.

9. Do u think I can just leave the unit unplugged....just do away with the heavy box ? Wiring looks as if it goes down into the ecu. If it’s just a tracker it should immobilise anything should it??

10. Yeah you can do that i guess - just tape the plug up so the water doesn’t get in and short anything out.

11. Called bike trac. Tracker was still active up to July. Told it can be re activated so I may keep it but mount it somewhere else.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information