1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isle Of Man Tt - 2022

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Advikaz, May 16, 2022.

1. Not long now folks.

It should make for a particularly interesting year this year with two years off and a fair bit of resurfacing. Couple that with some big names and a fair few tasty new comers !

I’m unsure how it’ll go. The northwest didn’t go to plan for many, there’s been some last minute changes for some teams, new manufactures /models, tyre issues and the run up / prep seems to be getting taken more seriously than ever before?

Many believe it’ll be a Hicky show. Maybe it will be, but I’m not convinced there won’t be a surprise or two. Harrison has come on leaps and bounds on short circuits, and the likes of McPint and Dunlop have all been riding a fair bit and most definitely not disgracing themselves. Lee Johnston should go well on the 600.

Irwin will be an interesting new comer to watch… bit nervous about that one tbh. He’s just done the double at the Nw200 though so is certainly no roads virgin.

You can now watch it all live for the first time through https://ttplus.iomttraces.com/products/tt-live-pass

or catch the highlights on ITV I believe as always.

#1 Advikaz, May 16, 2022
    Last edited: May 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  2. What was the issue at the NW with Dunlop and half the grid pulling out? Didn’t catch it all just what James Hillier was saying on the grid (and he wasn’t giving a lot away) but if their tyre can’t go the distance what does that mean for the TT?

• Agree Agree x 1

3. Dunlop tyres had a bad batch that where spontaneously shitting themselves in spectacular style basically.

Should be alright at the TT… you’d hope

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have got to say i would not be to keen on using them if you had a choice ,if your tyre goes at the TT ,not good news

5. Agreed about the tyres. Personally I would not be right in the head to accept that it was a dodgy batch - what if there is another dodgy batch ?

To hell with that.

I hope Michael Dunlop wins one of the big bike races on the GSX-R. But quite happy watching whoever wins - watch the battles unfold on the day.

• Agree Agree x 2

6. completely understand that view point.

although these things have happened on other brands in the past. I think I’d want some kind of reassurance being that the NW is so close to the TT

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  8. Roll on TT time. It's been a long two years without my island fix. Going out Friday of practice week and back the Sunday after the senior.

See you on the island!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Tyres... They've all done it over the years, how many Bridgestones delaminated in MotoGP, remember the year they could only do 10 laps on a set at Philip Island and had to pit mid race and swap bikes?

I'd imagine the Dunlops that head to the TT will be the best Dunlop tyres that have ever been produced, they'll be under so much scrutiny and no doubt Dunlop will be analysing the knackered batch to ensure their processes and QA are updated and weed out any offending items. I've not run Dunlops for years by the KR108's were so far ahead of anything else I'd happily jump on another set.

• Agree Agree x 1

10. Agreed, by many KR’s are seen as the best tyres publicly available

(Providing it’s warm)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Some good interviews on there as well. I hope they have done their sums, and there is sufficient bandwidth for live viewing - when everybody watches live streaming of the races. I seem to remember early days of MotoGp online when everything froze, but that may have been my computer set up.

So far so good :upyeah:

12. First quali today

13. Well, it's up and running.

practice on Sunday sounded great. Not sure they'll get away today, forecast is ropey. Looking good from today onwards.

If anybody wants to listen on the net, you'll find it here, free and live....
    https://www.manxradio.com/radioplayer/am/

I'll post some pics from the ferry and the island later in the week.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Used the tt+ subscrition for first session yesterday - was a bit worried as the first hour was unwatchable, sound quality terrible and visually going to low res ETC

but just over an hour in and its proving to be ok - hopefully by the time race day comes they will get it sorted

Just good to see bikes going round that course again, been a long few years without it

15. I struggled with the coverage, it was like they are already running out of bandwidth

• Agree Agree x 1

16. Speedy recovery !

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Seems he's OK and back in the paddock looking to get out again.

• Like Like x 4
  18. They’re prob running it off a pay as you go with manx telecom lol

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information