1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isle Of Man Tt Police Use Burnt Out 1098/1998 On Campaign!

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Chris2511, May 18, 2017.

1. Just seen this online thought i would read the article and then up pops a pic of someone's
    burnt out either 1098/1198 after a crash on the mountain

The TT Police are using this on this years campaign to make other bikers think about
    not pushing too hard and riding to the capabilities.

not much left to salvage on that!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-39949222

2. This is the crash....WARNING...MAY CAUSE DISTRESS

3. Man thats a bad video. Hope there were no fatalities, but the vid doesnt fill me with confidence.

4. That footage is 1-3 years ago...

5. I recall it was used with family consent for some road safety initiative quite. A while back (and fatality).

6. That was a terrible accident that one.

7. It wasn't an accident it was someone riding like an idiot. Totally avoidable.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. I hope the fatality wasnt an innocent in the crash. I agree with John, that was avoidable. Another reason why I dont enjoy riding in big groups or in and around bike events.

Im disappointed in those who just rode past whilst a guy lies there in flames. Shame on them.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. I'll probably one of those just ride pass (low empathy), and depending how I feel I might even tell drivers/riders be careful as head up coming up to it...

10. I have seen it before but having just watched it again thinking how could anyone just ride past, it does look like they all stop just up the road right at the end of the video.
    Steve

11. Horrible crash but if this was during the TT fortnight why is there traffic coming the other way?

12. It wasn't the TT, it was MGP. The MGP still has two way system unlike TT. The lad killed was the inocent heading towards Ramsey. Only a matter of time (with increased popularity) the the mountain road becomes one way during MGP too.

13. I am really disappointed by the fact that those 3 guys just carried on riding like nothing had happened... the 3rd rider actually swerved the flames.
    What is wrong with these people for fucks sake!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. It's difficult to tell on the shortened video why they rode on. It could have been a mixture of trying to get away from accident that had flames, not realising what had happened, shock and disbelief etc. Not everyone feels equipped to help in extreme situations.

it was difficult to see but it looked like they stopped further up the road? it could have been to check if they were all okay or warning oncoming traffic? dunno, as bikers I hope they didn't simply just ride off

15. Yep, accidents don't just happen, they're caused.

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information