1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Issues Poll

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Hyperextended, Jul 7, 2016.

?
  1. Yes

37 vote(s)
    67.3%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    32.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ;)

#1 Hyperextended, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Yyyyeah....see, I have a problem with this question as a "Yes" would include recall work and ALL bikes these days have SOME recall or other. So not a good Reliability/Quality measure really...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ;)

#3 Hyperextended, Jul 7, 2016
  4. Thats not the question that was asked on the other thread. That question was regarding reliability. So poll is wrong.

Objective question may be 'has your DVT ever broken down and stopped you starting or completing a journey (excluding running out of fuel)'

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Yeah, I agree. Can we pull that question and start again?

6. Or simply ask have you had an warranty work done other than recalls.

Suspect it would be in the 90s

• Like Like x 1
  7. Not a sign of reliabilty tho franksie

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. It so is. Reliability extends to the parts of the motorcycle too, not just the engine.

My uncles old Range Rover sport had constant suspension errors that had him in getting the suspension reset. Unreliable, as in he could not rely on it to consistently work. None of it kept him off the road but he sold the unreliable vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Also, why not include warranty work? It should count. It's a fix for a fault. The first multi had a warranty issue for leaking cylinder heads. Many broke down because of it. Would you say that's got nothing to do with reliability?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. ;)

#10 Hyperextended, Jul 8, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I have to agree with JH. Warranty work absolutely goes to the heart of reliability. When I had my DVT, the exhaust valve seized twice, both times it had to go the dealer, the second time for a replacement silencer. It was rideable, but it wouldn't rev above 6000. Rideable, but you wouldn't want to ride it. Same with the engine cut out problem I had for the entire duration of my ownership of it!

#11 etonrifle, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  12. never broke down
    issues it has been back for
    warped disks
    fork seals
    leaky front reservoir
    nowt else

13. seems to me that apart from the engine the bike is sub standard. I had a twin spark - lots of niggles. Got the DVT just two months ago (already got the fuel sensor problem) and now think that I will need to sell as soon as the warranty runs out. Pity Honda, Yamaha or Suzuki don't make a Multi replica

• Like Like x 1
  14. Reliability is whether is starts stops and continues

Quality is whether other things that don't stop it doing that but need addressing/fixing

IMHO

15. Does your bike reliably tell you it's fuel status? Everything about the finished product culminates to form an image of reliability.

16. if it helps i wouldn't buy one in a million years - purely from what ive read on here (and im not usually one for reputations, i usually like to find out for myself)

17. Always a tricky subject based on the law of averages that if u have a positive experience u tell 1 person and if u have a negative u tell 5 (or something like that), however my perception from someone who never looks in the multistrada threads is that the DVT ones have been pretty badly finished (perhaps rushed out)? And so I can't shake the feeling it's one of Ducatis less well finished models especially considering it isn't one of the cheap ones.

I'm just not seeing threads about issues with monsters, of any type so maybe it's that the multi is using 'bleeding edge' electronics that are taking a while to iron out.

Either way I still think if i wanted that style bike, I would only buy new and in warrantyb

18. This poll is meaningless, it's only purpose is to bolster one person's opinion. Nothing can be learned from it

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. That makes no sense. It's a poll, a poll serves to give a result to a question, based on a large number of people and not just one. We had a poll on our EU membership and it wasn't just a poll bolstering Boris Johnson's opinion.

What can be learnt from this poll is wether a high percentage of poll takers think their bikes are unreliable. You may argue that not every multi owner is on here, yet the OP doesn't have this level of access so is doing the best they can.

I understand trying to hold faith in a product you sunk a lot of money into, but at this point it verges on denial.

I had a multi, it was excellent to ride but went wrong so often and so big that the overall experience was shit and costly.

20. May I suggest another poll... How many will be keeping their Multistrada's past warranty?

Bet the results of that one will be far more damning [emoji6]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information