1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 It’s Home

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Jon Seddon, Aug 4, 2018.

1. 42227A0F-35D8-4EE9-8FCA-1B47556950E0.jpeg D6B2724A-B8C3-42D0-B390-406B81290A56.jpeg

Got my base model 1260 out today ( it arrived late yesterday)

I am in love.

Pro’s:
    Goes great with bins
    Grunty
    Comfortable
    Handles well, but nowhere near the precision of the 959 Panigale, sort of rolls around the front - probably due to its height v the Panigale
    Chuckable
    Can see for miles from that height
    Didn’t come back with my shoulder aching or my legs and backside roasting
    Makes me feel good
    Like the looks
    I came back with a smile on my face

Con’s:
    Rear brake weak (tend to use it to steady in slow turns from start off and coming to a stop)
    Fair amount of wind noise, but okay
    Mirrors not that clear

I honestly think it’s a the best bike I’ve ridden, I’m feeling guilty when I park her next to my Ultra (a difficult bike to ride but rewarding).

Anybody know if the 1260 has a gps power supply under the left fairing like the 1200?

Love it

• Like Like x 4
  2. Looking good there. The decals are different, I like them. You should get some rim decals, they’d really look good too.

The rear brake on both my 1200 DVTs has been pants.

It’d be worth checking the suspension set up, my first DVT, a base model, was delivered with random settings that made it too soft. I reset it to what it should have been then tweaked it a little firmer in summer.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I just got the 1260 S. As you say the rear brake is weak - verging on useless I think. Still feels weird to me riding a bike without one. Otherwise, I am happy so far with my choice.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 1200s 2017 always use rear brake to scrub in corners. Perfect, remember the rear brake is only there for about a 1/3rd braking. Tried a few screens & now on a MRA vario. Best i have tried so far. Pilot road 5,s seem much better in corners than the standard scorpion 2,s. But sure someone will be along shortly to tell you i am talking shite & give you there opinion. Good luck & hope you enjoy your new ride.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. enjoy the running in period & then opening the throttle up on some nice tarmac

6. Thanks all, anybody know if there is a separate gps power supply like the 1200?

7. Can anyone tell me what the standard settings should be, my base DVT arrived with a 'S' model handbook so I have no idea but as you say, it seems a bit soft on the front.

8. 9C8FD2E4-45AD-4853-B7D0-FDB7F5480176.png 19795DD8-AD35-4AFF-9682-3167DF82BD4E.png

9. Not checked mine

10. Yes there is by the left fork

• Like Like x 1
  11. Is that under the left black trim like the 1200?

Thanks

12. Nice one Dave

13. Here are two of my old thread answers that might help. Mine was a 2017 Base DVT.

“Just to update you, I’m still waiting for Ducati to advise me, so being impatient I’ve worshipped at the feet of YouTube and found out how to set preload from sag. Although two people are recommended I’m far to impatient to wait so found a method to do the front singlehanded.

Place the bike on the centre stand and lift the nose with your shoulder until the wheel is off the ground. Measure the visible length of inner tube (170mm).

Place a small cable tie around the fork leg, just under the main tube, ensuring it can move up and down freely, without slipping when left alone. I found using the cable tie the wrong way around gave enough grip without the hassle of cutting it off later.

Wearing you full riding gear, with a full tank of fuel, take the bike off the centre stand and sit on it. If you can, place feet on the pegs and balance using the garage wall, or maximise your weight on the bike using tip toes for balance.

Gently get off and place on the side stand. You’ll see the cable tie has moved down the fork leg. Measure the distance from the top of the cable tie to the bottom of the outer fork and you have your sag measurement.

You want 30 to 33% sag so around 55mm.

Adjust the 14mm brass hex clockwise (more pre load) or counter clockwise (less) until it’s correct.

NB endure both legs are the same. I screwed both in to the max then counted complete turns back out.

For my 14 stone that’s 7 full turns from max.”

And

“Thanks for all the help, after finally finding and using the standard settings I’ve decided they’re a little soft for me (even commuting on the crappy roads in Liverpool).

After setting the preload for sag (I’m 85kg plus kit), and tweaking the other settings, this is where I’ve ended up (in case anyone else wants to try it).

Front

Preload 7 full turns out from fully closed

Rebound 6 clicks out from fully in

Comp 8 clicks out from fully closed

Rear

Preload 18 clicks from fully closed

Comp 1.5 turns out from closed

Rebound 8 clicks out from fully closed”

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yes it is

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks for the suspension info and apologies for butting in on this thread

16. yes, take off the keyless cover and black strip and its tucked in a strap on the frame, white plug and blanking lead

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information