1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It Is Rude Not To...

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by triniriderz, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Hate these opening posts,

I have been a long time Ducati flirter but the servicing and worry of shoddy electrics and living in the democratic republic of Londonstan makes pulling the trigger difficult.

I will be viewing the threads on here from behind the sofa and hoping a 748/749 does not show up within striking distance of my wallet..

Regards

2. Welcome from another Londoner.
    Electrics are OK on Dukes.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ducati Wandsworth is ok for servicing. Not a main dealer so prices reasonable.

4. I believe people speak with a forked tongue, I have heard they are ok if the day does not end in a "Y".. And the bloody belts why oh why every 2 years..

I am at the stage in life when I want to ride and spanner on occasion not the other way round..

5. Paying for services, not a chance I would rather spend loads of ££££ on special tools to then bugger it up and have a kind forum member sort it for me..

Easy as..

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. yes ? So why will mine not start today , was running fine ten days ago ???

• Like Like x 1
  7. Too old to wield spanners these days ... and tempus fugit. I'd rather be riding ...

8. Not turning over powerfully enough or damp electrics?

9. See See, told you so...........

Regards

10. TBH it is not the first time , usually starts again for no aparent reason ( bit worrying for out of town rides ) dash showing 12.3 , in warm shed with optimiser overnight ( done the fuel relay last year , and cables )

11. Related to Susannariderz by chance?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. welcome, nothing worth seeing exists outside of the m25!!!!11

13. Welcome Dave

14. hello and welcome dude

15. try riding more often!

16. Did you replace the battery at the same time?
    A chain is only as strong as its weakest link and all that...

17. My 999 has never let me down, not once.
    Some people religiously follow the two years for belts but others are happy to stretch it a fair bit. The thing is to check them. Belts almost never just break. It's usually because they are slack and jump a tooth or a bearing fails or poor installation. It's easy to to turn the adjuster the wrong way and if you do, the belts are impossible to tension properly and also the belt runs can touch as turning the adjuster the wrong way also brings the pulleys closer together. It's also easy to not seat the top hat spacer under the adjuster pulley properly, causing the belt to be out of alignment. These are the things that cause belt failure, it's rarely the belts themselves.

18. Having the same problems today TBH I'm just putting it down to cold as it was running yesterday.. Also i don't have the cables changed yet (waiting to be paid in Jan) battery is a few months old so not that!

Also to
    Get a Duc, had mine since new 2006 (MY2003) and its been a labour of love with this bike but It's well worth it i tell you!

19. i think i could bet my house on it not being the belts,, tried it again late afty noon , did almost fire, enough to make gas smell but tht was it,, from what i remember ( dont use it very often now that i got the harley and my memory is not what ( i think ) it used to be ) but should i not hear the fuel priming / pressurising , not hearing anything,, anyhow ,on trickle ov nite see wht happens in the morn..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information