1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Italian Translator

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by OMG, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Can anyone shed any light on this error code on multistrada 1200 twin spark. Seems to be insinuating a problem with the powersteering but think that's ok.
    1007 motore per servosterzo( difettoso) (fiat)
    Status 68
    Anyone any ideas??

• Crap Crap x 1
  2. Its a servo motor, could it be the exhaust valve?

• Like Like x 1
  3. When I put servosto into translator it sez motor but when you add zo on the end it changes to powersteering!

4. Melcodiag gave me the same answer with my Supersport 939. It's the exhaust valve or its servo.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Power steering motor diffective.
    So that would indicate a servo motor of some description

• Like Like x 1
  6. Was it worded exactly the same? The exhaust valve has been removed and a spring on cable to stop fault appearing. Also there is a fault after that one which is
    100c exhaust valve potentiometer short circuit to ground or open circuit.Assumed this came up when it was disconnected when worked on. These were also diagnosed on melcodiag. Half of the 5 faults were in English and the rest in italian. Strange. Thanks for you input

7. I can't remember the exact wording but it definitely translated as 'power steering'. Despite having a spring on the cable the same error kept recurring. I came to the conclusion that the servo motor was faulty.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well thanks for that . Sounds like it must be that. It might have come about at the same time as the other fault. Will delete and see if it returns.

9. Topliino ( Rod ) speaks Italian

• Like Like x 1
  11. Code 1007. Defective exhaust valve servo motor (Fiat)

IIRC dealers have a list of error codes (68 in this case) which will verify the above or any others being thrown up. I assume the motor was disconnected for an aftermarket exhaust system to be fitted. Usually if that is the case, any upmap loaded into the ECU will eradicate such errors.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks for confirmation of that. It's a shame theres no list like for the 1000DS.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information