1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Itchy Feet.

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by yellowducmaniac, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Thinking about swapping my 999S for a 1098S,i've had the 999S for nearly 6 years and I really like it but i'm hankering to try something else (Ducati),cant stretch to a pani but I quite like the look of the 1098/1198,has anyone on here ridden/owned both and if so can they offer any sensible comparisons...ta in advance.

#1 yellowducmaniac, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  2. You should have gone for the 1198S that was on here last week - might still be for sale? It was a bargain - and the 1198 has the updated bottom end too :)

3. I have the 999s, and the 1098. The 1098 is far superior IMO much more grunt "a struggle to keep the front down when giving it beans in 1st / 2nd / 3rd and doesn't seem to have as many of the electrical niggles the 999 can have.

Wouldn't necessarily say it's any more comfortable though. However handling is sweeter and seems far more responsive than the 999 range.

I'm with Exige, if you can stretch to the 1198s you won't be disappointed.

Keep both if you can though as the 999 are gaining in value now, and in a couple of years you will be kicking yourself that you sold it lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. If you do decide to swap, you won't get much better than @chrisw 's for the price and with the extras.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Thanks for the replies guys, after a couple of weeks not riding my bike and mulling over swapping it for another I went for a ride on it this afternoon and i'm smitten again...is it just me or does this happen to others on here, i've never been so f@cking indecisive, it must be an age thing, if I had the spare cash I would keep the 999S and just get a 1098S/1198S as well ,unfortunately I cant afford both ,also the garage is getting pretty full (3 bikes in there)...as my dad used to say you never know what you've got till its gone.
    Decisions decisions....

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. That's why I have 5 bikes!! Can't bear to let um go !! :D
    And just add your yellow 999 looks cracking I wouldn't be selling it. :upyeah:

#6 cookster, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Paint your 999 red, it would be like having a new bike and would be a better colour..

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. LOL...o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Even better turn it into a race bike.

10. I am in the same boat as you at the moment. I have a hankering for some new machinery but dont want to really sell my 749 nero. I don't get out near enough on that so 2 bikes is a hard justification. I'd like a sports tourer (VFR800 2014+) or an old 90's superbike beside my 749 ideally...

11. FYI I am leaning toward not selling ever. My 749 is uber-rare in Ireland and my oh my that noise.....

12. Afford both, you will find a way!
    Make it an 1198 :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. or even better buy my 1198 !! :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information