1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Its Been A While Since Owning A Ducati

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by mak24seven, Jan 9, 2022.

1. I think I was last on a Ducati 4 years ago, I had an 848 Evo and a 2012 multi back then amongst other bikes in the garage.
    I had forgotten whats involved cleaning a sports bike, to be fair its been neglected by a few idiots over the years.
    Small fluid service chain sprockets and chav black screen removal plus tires and a few other things to get the bike back to something nice.
    Its nearly there now, just waiting on one part before a test ride. Yes I've never ridden it or any panigale.
    Roll on some dry roads so I can remind myself how uncomfortable sports bike are again :upyeah:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 mak24seven, Jan 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Why idiots, it was there bike to do what they wanted

3. How's about pot riveting a dark screen onto a bike because its beyond there intellect to actually remove the nose cone to do the job properly.
    I have obviously offended you, hopefully you look after your bikes but I could be wrong.
    An "idiot" is someone not capable of doing a job correctly.

4. I wasn't offended by your post but your reply is a bit sharp, and I do look after my bikes.if your not happy, why did you buy it

5. Did I suggest I wasn't happy with the bike? I only mentioned the word idiots to which you replied why idiots. Some vehicles are obviously owned by people not capable of looking after them.

The bikes fine, although another 2 years of neglect might have had a non returnable purchase.

Sorry for the Sharp reply but anyone delivering a bike with a chain slack enough to catch on the exhaust collector box, 23psi in the rear tire etc is an idiot in my book.

Don't kid yourself there's a lot of bikes like this about, not everyone comes into my idiot radar but most do.

The bike beneath all this has actually turned into a nice bike. I await my test ride to confirm :upyeah:

6. Harrumph I say, where would we be without (my) standards!

If all the bike took was a clean and a chain adjustment, thats nothing. I really hope no one send spies to see the bugs and crap on my bike and it probably needs a chain adjustment as well!

Good luck, hope its mechanically good.

7. I'm with you on previous owners cutting corners and telling lies, i just picked up something a few weeks back for a clown, as my lecturer kept on saying..............they're all out there.!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information