1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT It's Goodbye From Me...

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by nkibble, Aug 16, 2017.

1. After weeks of drooling over the new KTM Adventure S I've finally taken the plunge and done the evil deed.

Had my 1200 DVT for 20 months and it's been a pleasure to own and ride. Had only minor niggles, did 13K miles and she never let me down. Great bike!

I've got a few things to sell if anyone's interested:
    Navihalter
    Carbon screen
    Panniers (never used) locks are out, come with the footrest brackets and rubber cushions.
    Top box rack to fit Ducati top box
    (I bought all the parts separately, as I didn't want their top box)
    Evotech frame crash bungs (never fitted, still in bag)
    Pannier innerbags for 2013 model.
    (Bought them off a mate but never used them- so can't vouch for how well they fit the DVT panniers)

PM if you're interested in any of the above.

I've not been following the forum for a little while, but I can say it's been the best bike forum I've ever come across - there's certainly nothing like this for KTM! :(

If anyone is interested in comparing, I've had the KTM for a week now, and am just finishing the mileage for the first service (£145).
    The engine is incredible, and the best I've ever experienced. Great dash and features too, and superb value for money.
    Managed to get a cracking deal from Kestrel Coventry. If you're thinking of one and interested in more details then let me know.

Cheers guys! Ride safe.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Have PM'ed ya :upyeah:

3. Interested in the panniers if still available

4. Just loiter on here like I do.

Currently KTM myself and loving it (again)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah - After five Ducatis, age has dictated I drop to something lighter (Yam Hybrid), but it cheers me up to stay on and exchange the craic :upyeah:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. No reason why you can't stay here and get involved

The forum has other bikes that you can post on ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Good choice. Nice to hear a positive Multi ownership as well but a change is as good as a rest. I'm a 1290 Superduke owner amd I've got an 1190 adventure. Those big KTMs engines are just epic.
    The UK KTM forum isn't bad. Not as much technical info as this one perhaps but its quite funny a lot of the time and there's quite a lot of knowledge on there if you sound people out. Great for buying and selling and there's a lot of serious off-roaders on there, including 1190/1290 off-roaders which can be interesting.
    The Supertwins forum is great for technical stuff but unfortunately it concentrates on 990 SMs and Superdukes. The Adventure section is a bit sparse.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Ooh, the opposite of a welcome - a nah, bugger off o_O

But we are nicerer than those KTM folk, funny lot :innocent:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Austrian

upload_2017-8-17_14-8-26.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Austrian too !!!

hitler_1881083c-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq6f7LZ7seCW96zliyTYX6ViIMpBIiS72GQ3QPBtusw-s.jpg

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. And while I don't want to dig our own hole. Can I just point out that the gent next to Adolf is
    Benito Mussolini who I believe, was Italian :confused:

5682718.jpg

12. He made the trains run on time, and tells a good yarn, Addie is cackling away at Benito's one-liners...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Considering the Italians are supposed to stylish, Hitler had the better hat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ferdinand Porsche was Austrian.

15. Good luck with a faultiktm!

16. Thanks for the replies, guys. They made me chuckle.
    Loitering sounds like a good idea! :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. had a hobby hanging off power poles and feeding stray dogs?

18. t
    This is subversion with the help of collaborators? need to rally against KTM and get Dukati to simplify and improve?
    maybe dump desmodronics for large adventure bikes, and get excitement with control back on the show room floors? And harden the edges up a bit on the styling, cut the plastic?
    Desmodronics is not required for 1290cc twins, which have plenty of power because of their large displacments
    Ducati is dropping the ball with its dual purpose offerings, the need affordable bikes able to be recovered from bang ups at reasonable cost
    but what they make currently, is impractical to bang-up because of cost.
    KTM is only building dual purpose bikes the way Ducati should; look at the sales figures?
    Sport bikes are declining as a sector, Ducati needs to compete in dual-purpose with KTM? and make bikes that can be ridden and maintained around the world cheaply
    Easy; put spring return valve heads bolt-adjustment clearance on dual purpose and get rid of belts, bin half the plastic, put proper suspension on? water cooled ??? buy engines for DP bikes from KTM? call them Duke Duktms?
    be wary 1290R beats Pangalies on road track fairly frequently
    Ducati engines are capable of higher specific power; hardly matters if you are using a 1300cc engine on the dirt?
    i am going down to trade a super bike on a KTM duke, as a result of this sites infatuation with KTMs
    KTM the new Duke??? Ducati needs to get back into the dual purpose market to produce profits to enable its ongoing road racing efforts

19. Oh god! Don't say that! :)
    The bike seems really well put together - so fingers crossed! I'm lucky that I've got a really good dealer within 15 miles, so I'm hoping they'll come good if and when anything happens.

I've got to say with Ducati Coventry that although I thought the salesman there is a proper bellend, the service team were really good.

The one thing that does surprise me is that KTM don't Datatag their bikes. I took is a read that all manufactures would do that, just like Ducati. That's something I need to get done.

On the plus side for KTM though, I've got her in for the 1st service today and they've got a demo bike put to onside for a loan bike for the day. I've not had a dealer do that for years, let alone offer it. Fair play.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information