1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's Italian And Ends In Ti

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Crossbreed Cycles, Aug 29, 2014.

1. But it will use a lot of Ducati parts!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. Let me guess ... Masterbati?

• Like Like x 3
  3. As its written on the rocker cover.............i was waiting for an educated guess on that one pike....

4. About time you posted on here Chris ;-)

5. I'd given up posting anywhere but I've been off work this week and boredom got the better of me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. good on you ...technical project!!!!

7. Some more detail on making the castings
    I design the casting using 3CAD, slice through the model in 12mm layers to produce templates for cutting the plywood, stick the layers together and sand with a bobbin sander, it then goes to my local foundry to be cast and heat treated. The three castings have cost me £300. I then machine the casting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. Is it Gelati?

9. cool, got a plan for the cosmetics.?

10. At the risk of sounding stupid (not hard for me) why the kick starter on such a marvelous piece of engineering?
    Beautiful work by the way, I hope that there will be regular updates on it's progress.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. a lot less engineering. i miss the kick start option sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Not being pedantic but I can only think of one circumstance where I'd miss a kick starter, and that would be in a low / flat battery scenario.
    I'm of the age when self starters were fitted alongside kickstarters, and never used the kicker, to me it's one of those things that when you have to use it on a daily basis it's a PITA.
    I'm currently down to one off road / trail bike (XR400R) and the one thing that I wish it had was the magic button.
    I'm not being argumentative when asking as to how a self starter is that much more difficult to engineer?

13. dude totally cool,:smile: you could argue going to that much engineering whats a little more. looks a little tight in there tho. dyno start maybe?

14. I'd agree with the engineering comment, to which I wonder about using a physically smaller starter? and internally gearing to compensate?

15. I want to keep it bare bones and leave the engine exposed as much as possible. I'm going to keep the fuel in the seat hump, a bit like the laverda V6.

I like kickstarts, it means I can run a smaller battery and also save the weight of a starter and starter ring. I built a V6 2.5 alfa bike that wasn't too difficult to start, it was heavy but progressive to kick and only need to catch on one cylinder; much easier than a big single.

• Like Like x 3
  16. It's certainly different, will be watching this one with interest... :upyeah:

17. Nice, now thats proper engineering not just grab some shite from Ohlins or Brembo and bolt them up!

• Like Like x 2
  18. however...........the swing arm is really short and a small percentage of wheel base.............= handles like shoot!!

in fact engineer, what is your wheel base and swing arm percentage...

19. I will not be entering the TT on it.
    It's just a pointless exercise like climbing mountains or putting little ships in bottles

• Like Like x 3
  20. form over function.....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information