1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 R It's New Bike Day!

Discussion in 'Monster' started by dubcat, Apr 26, 2019.

1. First of all, I'm sorry for all the threads i've started. Everyone's been super helpful and I really appreciate it. There'll be more threads.. apologies in advance.

A few days ago I walked into a Ducati dealer to have my clutch looked at on my 848 Evo. The 848 is only my second motorbike, the first being a CBR600F which I crashed at Snetterton. I loved my Evo.. it satisfied all of my mid-life crisis cravings despite crushing my balls every time I hit a bump. In fact, I was planning on doing a 2000 mile tour of the Picos mountains in June on my 848.

As I waited for my bike to be looked at the salesman mentioned that the 2016 Monster R that was being worked on and which I had been admiring was actually for sale. It only had 800 miles on it. He sowed a seed. The next morning I phoned him and negotiated a trade in for my bike. A couple of days later I picked up the Monster :) I'm so very very happy. My wife is insanely angry but it'll be worth it. This bike is everything I wanted! :) And it doesn't crush my balls either!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  2. Irresponsible man:p,,,,,lovely:motorcycleduc::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Whoa there. The whole story is coming out now. You swapped one bike for another, why is the wife angry? Was the 848 red? There is another member on here (who's name escapes me) who posted that as long as his motorbikes were red his wife had no idea what was in the garage; there is some logic to that. (I believe from his post he had several red ones but she thought he only had one as she only ever saw him on one at a time).

Anyway, very nice bike, you'll be able to give most 848's a run for their money on that, and keep the posts coming :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  4. I've got one just like that :upyeah:

Not the bike, the wife. They calm down. Its worth it :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Pro twins?

6. Yup

7. You *do* know about the other two shock absorbers on a sports bike? Those things that extend from your hips to your feet? Get out of the seat and ride the bike with your feet and legs... very fun and far less bumpy! :D

#7 Fire3500, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Good move....

9. So...., now it's your wife crushing your balls, not yer bike!

Looks like a fun bike too.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. I must be one of the few on here who's wife encouraged me to buy my Monster 1200 R. Mind you she has got a Monster 821. Enjoy your new bike.:upyeah:

#10 mick e, Apr 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Mine was the same, she’s a keeper! Got diagnosed with ulcerative colitis a few years ago which kicked the stuffing out of me (and still does...) so my 1200R was a get well pressie to myself, my good lady was totally cool about it but it did cost me an SLK Merc!

Actually that’s not quite accurate... it’s cost me an SLK, an Audi A3 cabriolet, a VW Tiguan and most recently a KTM 390 Duke

Good choice Dubcat!

#11 Monsterped, Apr 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Yeah, be worth it in the end !!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Have you ridden the 1200R yet ?

14. I rode it back from the dealers yesterday. Love it sooooooo much.

Can’t get out today. Attempted to, but she was louder than the termis so I hoovered the house instead :sob:

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. Lol! Did the groceries and hoovering this morning while Mrs Ped was at work so I can get out tomorrow! Ride out to Sammy Miller’s in the new forest tomorrow Dubcat if you want a spin out, should be there about 11.30 ish

• Like Like x 2
  16. Would love to but I’ve booked cinema tickets for the cheapo morning kiddies showing. Knowing I’m missing out on a ride out makes me hate that choice even more :) Mind you it’s a fair distance for me - I’m near Gatwick.

17. At least when you are home you can keep popping out to gaze at your new beauty

• Like Like x 1
  18. Finally got out on the bike today! Used a run to the kebab shop to do it. Shop is 2 miles away. Took me almost an hour to get there :innocent:

Had the bike in sport mode for the first time. All I can say is.. WOW! This bike just gets better and better :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Nice looking bike that.
    Easier to seek forgiveness than ask for permission and life’s way too short to not have what you want ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Congratz & enjoy'

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information