1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Itv 4 Superbikes, When Britain Ruled The World 8pm Tonight

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by noobie, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Back to the days of Foggy, Russell, Gobert and Slight.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. Thanks for that, set to record ITV4+1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Great looking bikes

4. Great programme , made in 2012
    Foggy still as much of a big headed bugger today , as he was back then

5. Don't know if you saw him in I'm a celebrity (wife makes me watch it) but he was not like that at all

6. He says in the programme, looking back he was a horrible person, he found it easier to do this particularly in regards to his competitors in order to beat them. It some ways it reminded me of early Rossi and his wars with max biaggi and definitely Gibernau where he said something like, you will never be as great as me so you may as well give up now, and he more or less did.

7. Fair comment
    I can't watch jungle prog due to the gross shit they have to eat
    But yes , he must have something likeable about him, to have gone on to win the show

8. We go to the BSB at Brands regularly and have met Carl on a number of occasions. There is something quite sad about watching a person nursing a cup of coffee sat on his own because people are nervous about starting a conversation. He is a typical blunt Lancashire boy who doesn't suffer fools gladly but talk to him about bikes and he is pleasant company. He was genuinely very happy to sign my 90s Foggy leather jacket and pose for a few pictures. (Yes I know that's sad) Andy

• Like Like x 2
  9. He came across as a likeable fella on that celebrity jungle eat crap bollocks, which I only watched because he was on it, yer'onour. I don't have an issue with the reputation he seemingly had as a racer. Why would you want to be all thumbs-up-matey with blokes you're trying to beat? Sometimes I think the motogp boys seem a bit too chummy. Grumpy racers add a bit of an edge to the proceedings and keep it interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  10. My future son in law knew how much I followed Foggy in his racing years and since, when he recognised Foggy in a Manchester cafe having a cupa he approached him and told him of my admiration, it was a week before my birthday, Foggy sat and waited for my son in law to go in search of a birthday card for him to sign, he was pleasant and pleased to oblige, this was before his jungle fame, the card is still a treasured possession.
    Steve

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information