1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 I've Joined The Fe Club

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by John W, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Hi all.
    I was told the last of the FEs were being cleared at a keen price, so jumped on one. Just need to wait a couple of weeks for it to be ready :)

In a lot of the road tests they say the suspension is very hard. Is this simply they havent backed off the compression & rebound on the new ohlins ?
    I've had ohlins equipped bikes since 2000, and always found they need softening a lot to start with.

If this isnt the case, is the suspension really this hard, and what are you guys doing to overcome this, or do you just live with it ?

I shall be fitting evotech rad guards and tail tidy. Anything else I should consider ?

• Like Like x 5
  2. I had new springs fitted in my R. It helped a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Throttle spacer kit on my R. Much better.
    Some kind of tank pad.
    Rear brake pedal and gear levers - get them to set them at the right height for you as they prep it. They are always too high.
    Enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. How keen a price?

5. This?

77250F31-606B-43FB-9A5E-5F4433D372E5.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Less than 28k, for a new unregistered bike, which I think is a good deal even if you lot don't :yum
    There are a few more for sale at a similar price too.

Biot are they peanuts ot wotsits, it makes a big difference to a monkey :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Congratulations, I really like them and really wish I could afford one but I really, really can’t....

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Cookster, Which springs did you have fitted, are they ohlins or some other make, and what sort of money were they :yum

9. Wotsits

• Like Like x 1
  10. 93043B6A-A147-4602-8BAB-8C981B653862.jpeg

I hope you don’t mind, but I’ve tried to colour them in to represent a more recognised and expected Wotsity hue, to save confusion for future readers.
    I’m here ‘cos I thought the thread title said something about joining a fat club.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Yeah they were ohlins, il find price tomorrow matey, jhp did mine.

• Like Like x 1
  12. lovely job, much appreciated. If you dig out the receipt the part number would be great.

You know, I don't think they are wotsits, they look more like wooden pellets. Great for a horse or a pizza oven, not so much for paying for a bike though :yum:blush:

As for fat club, I couldn't possibly comment, except to say all my riding gear has shrunk this summer...o_O

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hi mate the springs were £102 for the pair looks like they fitted 9.5kg ones in my bike.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Great bikes, I really like them. But I’m glad I didn’t listen to the hype and pull the trigger at £35k (I think:thinkingface:) I nearly did :astonished:
    Went for a V4S and used the ‘savings’ to track spec it....

15. Thanks cookster, thats great to know :upyeah:
    I did do a bit of searching for info, and discovered you can buy both cartridges and springs in various strengths for the NIX30 forks. No idea what the standard spring rate is though.
    Did you change the rear spring too or was that ok ?

MH same here, I've nearly jumped twice but resisted. Add the full system and they were originally north of 40k o_O
    Price was subsequently lowered from 35k to 32k.
    The last 40 or so were offered out to dealers a month or so back at a good discount, and I could resist no longer :yum
    There are still a few being advertised if you feel the need :p

• Like Like x 1
  16. think the back one was ok, just had it all adjusted.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Its landed. Now to get some miles on it.
    Necessary journeys only of course :yum

20201106_133846.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  18. Stunning that Mr! Looks like the full Akropovic system :eek: Was tempted before the V4 purchase but just couldn’t justify the extra dollarso_O enjoy:upyeah:

19. Stunning that Mr! Looks like the full Akropovic system :eek: Was tempted before the V4 purchase but just couldn’t justify the extra dollarso_O enjoy:upyeah:

20. Thank you.
    Yes, it's got full system, rad guards, and tail tidy.
    The advice on the full system from the dealer was to buy it while there was stock, and I also got a deal on it :)

21. Only ever seen one on the road and it wasn't really on the road to be honest.
    I was in the parking area of Manchester Ducati when the owner was collecting the bike brand new and riding off in to the sunset.
    Looked and sounded great.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information