1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've Jumped Ship

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by fabriciom, Apr 5, 2019.

1. So after more than a year looking for a replacement for my 899 I was forced to jump ship and go to the competition.

I wasn't able to find anything like my precious 899. Local prices selling 899 used bikes for like 1000€ less than what they cost new. Same goes for the 1199 and 1299. Obviously with 0 warranty.

So I purchased new. Im a bit sad to say good bye (for now) to Ducati. Did love my 899 and lost it because of a carless drive.

Any who, so I bought a brand new 2018 Kawa zx-10rr black matte. The winter edition model. Haven't received it yet but really looking forward to it.

Sorry guys but could not beat the deal I got on the bike, basically 959 price range on a model that they only make 500 units.

Hope to come back in to future but right now Im gonna enjoy this one.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 6
  2. Traitor;)...............enjoy your new ride buddy:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Phew the title had me panicking ....it’s fine a bikes a bike end of the day .....maybe ‘I’ve changed brands’ would be more appropriate at teatime, it’s ok I’ll pick me plate up and hoover me dinner :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. You'll be back Ducatis are addictive enjoy the new bike
    Ride safe

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kawasaki's are cool :cool::upyeah: hang around and let us know how you get on with it :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yeah.....no problem. you can still be in the club dude.
    A bike is a bike no matter what,it's about the person that matters.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. You can still hang around though

• Like Like x 1
  8. Be rough on a Kawasaki forum, bet they don’t wash ....stay here

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. It's an £18,000 bike you can buy in the showroom going up against a £35,000 homologation special... h'apparently.

10. I've subscribed to the kawa forums but there is no good vibes like here.

Thanks for the positive feedback folks.

Cheers.

#10 fabriciom, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Enjoy it fabriciom'

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zx10rr are great bikes, very tuneable too. Nice bike mate well done.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Don't go - we like diversity as well as pics with bins (it's behind the plant pot) :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Winter editions are so last month!

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. Not a bad brand to jump ship too - whilst not in same league I loved my old kr1s from the late 80s. Was looking at the h2r for sale in Bristol Ducati earlier in the week and came to the conclusion that I still like kwakers. Good luck. Shame the forum won’t be as good though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. You don’t need to leave us Always welcome in here :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. 38 years of riding and have always come back to something that stirs my soul!

Owned 2 ZX10's .... great bikes .... but it's not a Duke!

You will certainly enjoy it and hopefully be back another time.... Good luck fella

• Like Like x 2
  18. You dont have to leave..........Just never mention any of this Kawasaki nonsense ever again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Went to pick up the lady today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  20. You'll hate it. No cam belts, no recalls no constant updates, it will drive you mad :D enjoy your new toy

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information