1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iw-031 Injectors

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by hindsight, May 20, 2020.

1. Hello all -

I'm on the lookout for a pair of IW-031 (green) injectors (888,ST2,900ssie/750ssie, probably others too).. online sellers seem to be full of what looks like non-original copies. I'd normally avoid such obvious knock-offs, particular on a fuel related component, but I'm aware that these injectors are no longer available.

Has anyone got any positive experience of using these?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. I might have some lying around in the shop. Let me have a look. I think they also went in 748/916?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cool - thanks Nelly - Perhaps the early 916/748, I think the later ones used side-feed injectors, rather than the top feed ones.

4. I hope Nelly has some Mike. The only ones I've seen are these - pretty expensive!

5. Hi Derek - There's a few used ones on ebay, some of which look a bit erm, well - used, and I also found I found a few new ones while looking - these are the cheapest new ones I've found, that don't look like the copies -
    https://www.bielstein.com/Injector-IW031-Magnet-Marelli-coupe-Fiat-2000ccm-16-V

Stein Dinse are normally my go-to location, but not at this price...
    https://www.stein-dinse.biz/eliste/eliste_shopartikel.php?id=8ce6c80&ar=329646

I can also give Geoff Baines a call, he has been extraordinarily helpful in tracking stuff down in the past - but I'll wait to see the outcome of Nelly's kind offer to check.

These are to go into the Bim DB2 that I was telling you about a few days ago.. I've come to realise that the IW-042 reds that it currently has will run out of time pretty quickly at large throttle openings. Moving to greens will resolve that...

6. Sorry. Yes, the 916 are side fed. I knew I had green ones, but no top feed i'm afraid.

7. Might it be possible to pick up a set of throttle bodies for ST2, SSie etc. they don't usually fetch much, especially something like 7500SSie. They are still available new from Ducati but expensive... £270 a piece

8. Righto - thanks for checking though..

9. Gosh - like busses indeed, sorry I hadn't spotted that other thread. I've just bought a used pair from ebay for £75, so hopefully I should be sorted now..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information