1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale James Toseland Castrol Honda Cbr

Discussion in 'Other Bikes For Sale' started by cookster, Feb 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys the time has come to sell my ex toseland cbr 600 world supersport bike due to the dj bike arriving.

This bike was sold from louth to a collector then to the minion brothers honda dealer up north then bought by my mate then to me.

It's the first bike James rode for Honda back in 1998 so this is the steel framed bike, there were a few bits missing off the bike when I bought it but over the years I managed to get it back to how it was,

The bike.. 1998 cbr 600
    Ohlins rear shock
    Ohlins fork internals
    Hrc dash
    Hrc wire loom
    Full size race radiator
    Blue printed engine
    Ti bolts though out
    Hrc rearsets
    Hrc clip one
    Had a refurb about 2 years ago.
    I have a letter of conformation from the minion brothers and Neil tuxworth him self confirmed and signed the bike still waiting to bump into James to sign the other side. The frame has a few dents in from where he slid off at monza but is perfectly rideable.

offers between £8500 - £9000

IMG-20190612-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20190612-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20190612-WA0000.jpg 20171104_083423.jpg
    20171104_083409.jpg IMG-20180421-WA0000.jpg

#1 cookster, Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 16
  2. Beautiful !

Is that Wilson in the last pic? or Neil T?

They both look the same to me

#2 Advikaz, Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  3. I thought this was a keeper based on reading your thread in recent times:thinkingface:...and just love your fancy MOT bay in the fourth & fifth photographs,.;)

4. GLWS :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. thats neil tuxworth signing it in the last pic

@XH558 thats not my place, its my mates garage. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yeah i recognised him.:upyeah:....the question is what are you after now bikewise.:thinkingface:

7. it arrived last week mate, the david jefferies gsxr, i need to pay for it now :astonished:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sorry:blush: i've just read your article thread in detail this time around.:upyeah::upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. GLWS. That looks a very reasonable price to me, should make an excellent acquisition for someone out there.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. thanks mate, i think its a good price for a factory race bike

11. Just maybe worth trying to get hold on Toseland himself to see if he’s interested in buying his old bike
    back as not many of the racers own their old machines as there’re coming up through the ranks but once they get very successful and have a few quid anything is possible. His band “crash” used to list contact details on their website so gotta be worth a try with nothing really to loose.
    Good luck with all aspects of the sale and whoever ends up with it let’s hope it goes to a loving and caring new owner and home.
    Obviously if Toseland does buy it my usual fees of a cuppa and a egg sandwich will apply should we bump into each other in a roadside cafe. :):upyeah:

#11 speedy gonzales, Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Was gonna bring this to the party but looks like @cookster got there first. :)

GLWS, it's lovely.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ah me and my mate steve plater. :upyeah:

14. That's Cool, I owned a steel frame Toseland bike which I think I moved on in 2001, traded my R1 against it, all the right papers, wonder if its the same bike ??, picked it up north of leeds

• Like Like x 1
  15. well guys ive spoken to a few race bike dealers i know about my bike and they all said they think the price is a bit high, so im reducing the price to suit, they reckon between £8500 - £9000 is a good place to start.

cheers

• Like Like x 2
  16. I’m surprised it’s not sold! Sound investment especially considering it’s heritage and what looks to be in cracking condition. Might be worth trying it on a Honda based forum! Lots of older bikes are becoming quite collectible now even in standard form. Ex race bikes with good pedigree usually get snapped up pretty quickly. Glws

• Like Like x 1
  17. yeah think your right mate, im going to put it on the 1000rr forum, its going on ebay next week though im not looking forward to that, but yes its a good investment for someone, id love to keep it but need must.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DEPOSIT TAKEN! :)

• Like Like x 5
  19. Thread closed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information