1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

James Whitham track days

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Ducbird, Aug 27, 2012.

1. No....but I would. Wheres it at?

2. Should say on link teeside in September is next one I think

3. When they say Teesside - do they mean Croft?

Edit - No they don't but I know where the do mean :smile:

#4 El Toro, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  4. Yeah Ive done it, fun day and not that expensive, James is proper helpful with good banter and its all very relaxed with a bit of one on one help from him.
    He rode my Duc to help me sort a minor suspension issue I was having, was proper nice to see and hear it being thrashed around track by a pro...:cool:

Paul that runs it is a proper nice fella too:upyeah:.

Last one was at Teeside Autodrome which is really a massive go cart track but car drifting and trackdays are also held there so its plenty big enough and fairly technical too.

If weather is good on Tuesday I will be there.

Daz.

#5 stickyjamfinger, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  5. I spent a week with Jamie in Italy just before WDW this year and he's such a laugh. Really nice guy and could talk the hind legs off a donkey.
    He instructs at Teeside Autodrome and there's only one left this year in September.

6. Heres a pic from the last day to get you interested:biggrin:

GS3G1261.jpg

Daz.

GS3G1261.jpg

7. I like Whitham :)
    Saw the track days and wondered if it would benefit me once I'm back on the bike to build my confidence

8. We used to have regular supermoto days at Teesside.
    Its great for stuff like that but a bit tight/nadgery for big sports bikes IMHO.

9. I'd be interested if there was something closer!

10. Yeah definitely, there are people there that have never been on track so a real good starting point and very relaxed so there no pressure to hustle around from the very first lap...

Most of the stuff you learn like body position and braking can be applied to road riding along with the confidence that you gain from doing it all on a closed circuit.

Come along, weathers looking good for tomorrow.

Darren.

11. Its not to bad I thought, bit sprinty in places but good fun all the same, have to agree tho that a supermoto would be more fun around there, hopefully my mate is coming on one tomorrow.

12. What part of the world are you at Juz?

13. I used to go on his track days when he still ran Speed Freaks. Got some advice/training from him back then, top guy and very funny. Shame there both so far away :frown:

14. Daaaaan Saaaaaaaaaaaf mate, Surrey/West Sussex border, so Goodwood is my closest circuit followed by Brands & Coombe.

15. Would love to be it's hours away from me and as yet can't ride with my shoulder

Do Not Sell My Personal Information