1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jet Washing

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by cookster, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Hi guys my new project (aprilia) is bloody filthy proper gumping! I don't use jet washers on my other bike as they are spotless but this rsv is caked in grime can I use a jet wash on it or is thst a bad idea??

2. I have mates that always jetwash their dirt bikes. If you were riding in the rain at 70mph (speed limit) or perhaps faster in Germany, the rain would be hitting your bike with some force especialy if you consider the wind etc.

If spray gunk & a hose or snowfoam wont get the crap off what are your options?

If you use the karcher carefully you'll be OK - probably!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Jet wash the street fighter b fore I start a proper clean ( needs it now to be fair )

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm jet washing all my bike for years and have never had an issue I just try stay off the electrics for too long with pressure

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Ive used a Karcher on my Hyper regular over the last 7 years and 31k miles. Ridden all winter and washed after every wet ride in winter. I snow foam it, and then rinse off with the jet wash, just turn the power on the lance down and don't get too close with it. Then blow dry with a pet blower.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Shouldn’t be an issue.

get some good quality grime/degreaser on it. Make sure the bike is wet and in the shade

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Just not in wheel bearings, rest to fine. Stick some foaming stuff on first, leave then rinse then wash. Or I have loads of pre-wash here if you want some...bring a bottle ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Ditto, also avoid using a sponge as it holds the grit and shags your paint. Use a lint free cloth, polishing cloth or a bug sponge etc.

And try and blow it dry, if you have a compressor, don’t use a leaf blower.

10. if its that mucky check the bearings in the dog bone as soon as possible they are known for seizing in worse cases snap

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Whats wrong with using a leaf blower?

12. No real filtration of air, certainly in the one I have. Could end up chuckin a pissed of hedgehog at your pride and joy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. My local Panzer dealer jet wash all the bikes they have.
    Normal avoid areas; switches, fork seals, wheel bearings. Also decals if not sealed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Theres not a lot of hedge hogs around my neck of the woods. I think the leaf blower will safe enough...

15. The cheapo pet dryers are super gets into all the tight spaces and drives the water out of engine creveses , i used a leave blower no problem but not as effective

16. Jet washers imo are good for cleaning cow shite off the road, that's about it.

I have a Dyson hairdryer for my hairy arse

17. Get a bigger leaf blower - whats wrong with you? LOL!

leaf.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Thanks guys karcher is out tomorrow :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. My leaf blower gives a lovely 2 stroke aroma for added authenticity :upyeah:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information