1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jimmy Saville

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Nothingbettertodo, Oct 1, 2012.

1. 'Owz abowt that then Guys and Gals?!!!!!:eek:

2. You know what for years I've often thought he could be... well you know...

But given his profile and the TV shows with children I thought it would be too obvious but looks like I am wrong

3. One question comes to mind: WHY NOW ?

4. I'd heard rumours while he was alive.

5. If these had come out when he was alive then atleast he would be able to either defend himself or be accountable for them, if they are true.

6. You can't libel the dead...

7. People at the Beeb knew about it for years and did nothing......probably because they were just as bad....

What a creep he was.....Ugh!

AL

8. This EXACT thread come up on Ducatisti when he snuffed it. Im remember getting flamed for suggesting that he wasnt the person he was supposed to be. In my view, he was a flinty eyed, hard nose git and all the charity work was a ruse.
    Ive known several people who had dealing with him and not on of them said he was sincere. The nicest thing i can say about him as a person is that he was 'odd' and nobody ive ever spoken to in casual conversation about him mourns his loss.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Now then Now then

• Like Like x 2
  10. Same here......I was hammered for suggesting he was a perv who made my skin crawl.....I said just wait a while to see what came out of the woodwork.

AL

• Like Like x 1
  11. Real shame isn't it? trying to retain memories of true British 'icons' often seems to be like clutching at straws.. you were both right - I didn't personally flame you but I did adopt the 'innocent until proved guilty' line. I feel sorry for his son if he genuinely had no idea.

12. Sir Jim a peado? Really? Wow, didn't see that one coming

• Like Like x 1
  13. I think the only surprise is that his "alleged" victims were girls.

• Like Like x 1
  14. not being british I never saw any of his shows - always thought he looked a bit of a creep and never understood what the fuss was about

prior to this the only thing I ever heard about him was slagging off bikers because they were moving into his neck of the woods and lowering the tone of the neighbourhood

on a brighter note my cell phone is now being plagued with Jim Saville jokes rather than Megan Stammer jokes

15. I met him once, when he came onboard a ship I was serving on (cant remember if it was Ocean or Ark Royal) and he really gave me the creeps. Definitely made my skin crawl :eek:

16. when is the programme on

17. its a real shame, but why now. He cant defend himself. All it takes is a few wrong allegations from some crazy women. Thats see when the police report comes out. okay he wasnt the whole ticket. remember the nutty proffessor who lived upstairs from the young girl in Bristol who was murdered. Poor git was hung by the press. and he was completely innocent.

18. The Louis Theroux Jimmy Saville episode told you pretty much all you needed to know about him.

Very strange guy. Very strange.

• Like Like x 1
  19. He gave me the creeps as a child !! He was on par with the childcatcher from chitty chitty bang bang.

I got flamed by friend in Leeds last night for mentioning it..
    He's a hero there:(
    Child a users often hide behind position of trust and power or charity.
    When I was a girl guide the leaders husband was abusing children .
    Even she wouldn't hear it.
    He was Finally caught interfering with kids in a swimming pool :(
    She still stood by him despite kids coming forward .
    My mum always warned me to keep away from him as she said something was not right... But she couldn't put her finger on it.
    Looking back as an adult I can see it now.
    He was always doing charity work guides and scouts , and children's Discos...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information