1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job question of a sort, just want to know other's opinion

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Lucazade, Apr 16, 2012.

1. In 2009 I was made redundant after about 17 months of working for the company. No hard feelings in general but obviously was emotional during actual process as one would expect.

My question is would you reapply now, 2.5 years later, for the same position with the same company? All in all place of work was quite good.

2. We see many employees coming back after a few years away.
    I dont see why you shouldn't if all was friendly at least they know you are already trained for the job
    Good luck Luca

3. It is kind off new to me and feels funny. All but one company I worked for and left I would reapply ASAP if position was there.

Just this company I did not leave on my terms I was made redundant and my ego was stopping me from pressing send a real war there :D
    Then again my ego tells me lot's of things that sometimes I should have not done if you think about it and the other way around.

4. If you were good at your job and left on amicable terms, I understand your hesitation in applying for another post with them, however I have done the same thing in the past, although I left under my own steam, but they re-hired me anyway....

....bearing in mind the job shortages, I think I would apply.......you have nothing to lose, other than an easy route to be re-employed maybe.

AL.

5. I would reapply. The worst that can happen is that they wont get back in touch with you. If you were good at your job and presumably had received some training they should be delighted to take you back on.
    Good luck
    david

6. So I guess then I done well telling my ego to shove it. Was just wondering what others think about such situation. I did click send before starting this thread. I value opinions but not all of them ;)

7. Luca, if you've been there and know the good and bad, you have an opportunity to get yourself a good deal.

Hope it goes well.

8. If it was genuinely redundancy (i.e. they simply didn't need as many people to do the work you were doing at the time) when they let you go, I'd re-apply. They know you and what you're capable of doing, and you know the organisation and their systems. I'd argue it would be less of a gamble to re-hire you if you left on amicable terms than to hire a stranger.

9. Work is work, take it where you can get it, then work on where you want to go when you have the privilege of time.

10. Go for it, what's the worse that can happen? They can only say no, if you liked it there you never know they might say yes. We often re-employ people who have left of their own free will with no ill feeling, but saying that we are lucky we have not had to make anyone redundant.

11. Go for it...
    A job is a job - even better if you enjoy it...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Go for it mister ...... Some of the 'jobs' I've done to make ends meet over the last 6 years make my blood boil just to think of them ..... basically minimum wage battery farms for humans.

I can't go back to the job I was forced out of because the blert I had the arguments with (over company policy/strategy) made such a mess of things that they are now virtually bankrupt (sp down from over £5 to 8p) and have lost 90% of their contracts ... 125 year old engineering company destroyed in one fell swoop! If there was anything to go back to, I would!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information