1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Joined The Club!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by paulm2930, Jul 26, 2022.

1. 8ABDB2A0-EA26-48F0-97FE-83FE184E78BE.jpeg Just bought a multistrada. Switched from a 1098s with a little break in between. It’s a 2014 twin spark S touring. So far so good. Need to put some miles on her.

• Like Like x 17
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Enjoy just got mine back today

3. Good bike, great engine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. That was my favourite version... feels more 'Ducati' than the later models IMHO... great bike, enjoy :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Is yours still knackered or something? You gave a thumbs down…. You rotten beast you!!

6. Nice.
    More carbon needed :) Got carbon windshield from Pikes Peak is you're interested.
    Rear rack support rods are amazing. Is it stock? I thought only one ugly design available for 2010-2014. Even switched to performance license plate from carbon, 'coz rods hiding turn signals :(
    20220726_162720.jpg

7. No carbon needed. What a waste of money and looks naff.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I have the same. 55,000milesand still going strong.

9. Looks very tidy (I have a 2013 1200s).

Would strongly suggest setting the Urban/Enduro modes up at the softest damping settings, just because they're lovely to switch to when you've finished hooning around, and really show off how clever the SkyHook stuff is.

Would be interested to know how it compares to a 1098 (beyond the obvious, of course).

10. 2013 here - 70200 miles and going very strong. Is mine the highest?

Odometer now showing only 7200 miles -

• Like Like x 1
  11. Not by a huge margin. My current odometer has been showing 99999 for at least 60000 km. And it was replaced when the first one showed 50000. This is a 2010 multi s touring. And still in use. But used a bit less frequently. As I now have added a 1260GT and a 851 S3 to the stable

12. Biggest difference is the stability actually. I’ve put about 300 miles on it now and struggle to go over 95-100 without weave. The 1098 was absolutely rock solid at all speeds. The engine is much softer too, 1098 felt more alive, much more urgency to the way it picked up revs and blasted you down the road.

13. Already set urban to softest but not experienced it much just yet. I did think before I bought it that electronic suspension meant independent comp and rebound adjustment though, seems there is one setting which equally adjusts both.

14. fat fingers

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I've experienced that on PR4s (looks like that's what you have on it in the pics). Found that Metzeler Roadtec 01s were pretty much the same. Now on Road 5s and it feels much more stable.

16. I have lowered the front end down by 10mm by dropping the forks through the yoke and what a difference it’s made! It’s much more stable now, up through the 100 mark and now it’s planted. It’s not made it steer too fast either, well not a discernible amount anyway. Good compromise I’d say.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information