1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joy Of Dumping Night Rate Electricity

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Aug 14, 2021.

1. I need to do some washing and I can do it NOW! No more timing the machine to come on at 3 o'clock in the morning! My joy is unconfined!

I am going through old DVDs and Bly-rays to mp4 them and then I can put them on a USB stick and watch them in bed on my new telly. I found an old Morecombe & Wise DVD. Two single, middle -aged men living together and sleeping together, but nobody raised an eyebrow. And this was in the day that Saville was doing his thing with young girls on ToTP in the studio next door. Strange times....
    upload_2021-8-14_11-34-47.png

2. My washing machine is cold fill only :worried:

3. I think mine is as well - at least it is only connected to cold. And do you know? ...I could not care less!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I’m sure you live in 1975 Perry. Is Bless This House still a popular TV prog? :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Not any more!

6. They all are nowadays, the water is heated in the machine ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I just checked mine. It's a Bosch, about 15 years old. The people that built the extension (where it is) plumbed hot and cold feeds, but my washer can only use the cold one. Shame really as my hot water is as cheap as chips now, but there you go.

8. And that is why I used to have to run it a night, because it heated the water, it used a fair chunk of leccy and it would be ruinously expensive, but bow I don't have to care! As my hot water is as cheap as chips now, I would benefit from being able to use the hot feed, but it is not the most important thing, as I should be worried about my driving assessment, tomorrow. But I am not as I give not a stuff!!!! My more immediate problem is should I get Amazon Prime as well as Netflix? Not sure on that one!

I think that I'll hold off until Amazon do a deal.....

9. Not sure about Bosch but at that age must have been one of the early cold fill only machines? They use half the water they used to hence why they now all heat inside the drum, that and the popularity of cool washing temp means the water from your hot feed is too hot anyway.
    That’s also why standard wash cycle take 2-3hrs now instead of 1-2hrs. If you take something away (water/temp) you have to add something back to get the same results (time). That’s progress for you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. On mine, principally. I use the "any old sh1t program" and I override the heat from 40 to 30 and add more rinsing. That takes only about an hour.

This is a motorcycle group and we are talking about doing the washing. Sad, really.:worried:

11. Back to nearly on topic! For some reason my front door key was stuck in the lock. A handy pair of mole grips trying to turn the key in the lock just sheared it! Sorted out with patience and WD40 (my best friend) and now I have a spare key in the lock and a locked front door!

Just the incompetent driver hurdle next!

12. You're becoming quite the technician!

Goodluck tomorrow Perry.

• Like Like x 1
  13. How's that work then?

14. He has his own nuclear reactor

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information