1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XDiavel Judge Dredd Lawmaster Or The Ducarley Techno-cruiser

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by LeighAdams, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Hi All, Happy Spring, at last. Next Spring I’m planning on trading-up from the Monster 821 to a new Diavel 1260 or an XDiavel. I’ll be test riding both this Summer, but I like to research and plan; it helps with saving up.

So three questions while I keep saving up.

1. Do you have experience of either, or preferably both, and a view on the better model? My driving will be mostly UK daylight and nice weather (wherever possible). I’m used to the naked ride with the M821 so, I’m not too concerned with my body acting as a sail on either.

2. Which would you go for, the Judge Dredd Lawmaster (Diavel 1260) or the Ducarley techno-cruiser (XDiavel).?

3. Do you know of any Ducati intentions to revise the XDiavel in the way of the Diavel 1260 this year? I would hate to get the XDiavel just before a refresh/revamp. I know the Diavel refresh is largely to modernise it to the techno status of the current XDiavel, then a bit more.

Your thoughts, experience and knowledge?

2. Hi All, Happy Spring, at last. Next Spring I’m planning on trading-up from the Monster 821 to a new Diavel 1260 or an XDiavel. I’ll be test riding both this Summer, but I like to research and plan; it helps with saving up.

So three questions while I keep saving up.

1. Do you have experience of either, or preferably both, and a view on the better model? My driving will be mostly UK daylight and nice weather (wherever possible). I’m used to the naked ride with the M821 so, I’m not too concerned with my body acting as a sail on either.

2. Which would you go for, the Judge Dredd Lawmaster (Diavel 1260) or the Ducarley techno-cruiser (XDiavel).?

3. Do you know of any Ducati intentions to revise the XDiavel in the way of the Diavel 1260 this year? I would hate to get the XDiavel just before a refresh/revamp. I know the Diavel refresh is largely to modernise it to the techno status of the current XDiavel, then a bit more.

Your thoughts, experience and knowledge?

3. Thread moved

4. I don't think that's what he meant?

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. You were supposed to give your views - you've tried all these and just bough one... :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I knew what you meant and if he looks in the forum I moved it too then he’ll see the threads for himself.

Why reinvent the wheel?

7. V. clever thinking :bucktooth:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Test ride both first.... I didnt get on with the X-diavel. After about 20 mins it quite literally was a pain in the arse. Diavel was comfortable from the start and has been for all day riding. I also wasn't comfortable with the feet forward approach on the X-Diavel. Both are great designs and wonderful chassis & engines. Surely, more than the technology - having it fit you is what counts most...?

9. Just had an X- Diavel on loan, have to agree, feet forward is an acquired taste.
    223BC38E-5FCD-4672-9430-CE7890CA3645.jpeg
    I did however like the design of this one, as is shows off the trellis frame and engine.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I know a test ride for each for a few hours in typical conditions is the key. The battle will be head vs heart. I think the Diavel is the head decision; same technology, maybe even a better long term riding position and even a degree of protection for UK riding; but Carr01 you describe the problem perfectly here, just look at the XDiavel in this picture. Oh, my word!!! She's beautiful. Will form over function win out, how impractical can I be.....

11. After the test rides the XDiavel took my heart, then my wallet. This smooth talker is its way from the dealer; here tomorrow morning. Looking forward to our first date. Very excited.
    Screenshot 2019-05-14 at 16.08.54.png

• Like Like x 2
  12. Forward controls way better for a cruiser.. ( not that I think that is entirely the best description of a diavel!) Had a nightrod special on hire in vagas, that had forward controls and it made sense.. lost the key and got given one with mid controls and I didn't like it as much at all...

• Like Like x 1
  13. The Diavel isn’t a cruiser I can assure you. More like a massive beefed up Monster.

The XDiavel is a cruiser though.

14. What is the difference?

15. The XDiavel has foot forward pegs and the rake is 30 degrees and long wheelbase. The Diavel is shorter wheelbase, normal pegs (straight down) and a rake of 27 degrees. The old Diavel had a 28 degree rake so steering is a bit sharper on the new one.

upload_2019-5-14_19-16-43.png

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. And at 10:00 tomorrow I’ll tell the difference between my monster and the XD for myself. Roadlok to be fitted first of course.

17. She arrived... May even be a bin lurking in the background. XTwfh%kET6yZEFSZF692EQ.jpg zmbJkxifS8CK+HYIO15LFA.jpg

#19 LeighAdams, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  18. Amazing looking machine

Just wished they hadn't modelled the light on a star wars battle droids head, as I will have to eventually own one of these bikes, I wonder can the light be changed?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information