1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just A Quick Reminder For Those Who Travel Through Larndan Tarn

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by noobie, Oct 22, 2017.

1. #1 noobie, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  2. People talk about rip off Britain, I don't get it ?? o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Come on, Global Warming!

Let's get the Thames up by a solid fifty feet and the job's a good'un.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Don't know why I'm whining anyway, never go there, avoid the place at all costs, especially on a bike, it's like Beirut in that there London !! :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. I travel to the Big Smack by rail and see concerts there.

Aside from that, I wouldn't know what to do with the place (I would, but I don't want to upset folks).

6. Does it involve putting a wall up around it and filling it in with concrete?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. It didn't, no, but I am prepared to negotiate on those terms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Concerted is a bit harsh - water then you could fish out the bike that all those snot nosed drugged up arse holes have stolen recently - 20 years working in London now I,d rather not thanks - shit hole now

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Only now you think ?? :thinkingface:

10. Fair point never been there with out being paid for it - says something .....

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. No they won't. Motorcycles are exempt. It is only three-wheeled cars already liable for the congestion charge which will have to pay the new extra charge.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. In Paris (and other French cities) there is a scheme whereby only vehicles recent enough to have reasonably clean exhausts are allowed into the central areas during busy times and days; others are banned. All vehicles (including bikes) have to obtain and display a sticker based on their Euro4 etc compliance. I got one before my trip to France in July, and actually rode in central Paris displaying the sticker.

The London scheme is on different lines entirely. No vehicle (except HGVs) is actually banned from central London, it is just a question of paying stiff charges.

13. I believe Pete you are correct so the motorcycle reference in the first post has been removed, it does however apply to trikes and quads. The T charge however does start tomorrow ontop of the current congestion charge

14. I'm all for reducing pollution but how much difference do you think this will make? If I understand it then only cars that are pre 2006 are targeted? I wonder what percentage of the vehicles that drive in the affected area are pre 2006? I imagine a lot of people who sit in the congestion choose driving as the perceived least bad or only option so if coughing up (sorry) for a newer car is viable I guess that's what they will do because drivers will endure a lot rather than resort to public transport. If your car is pre 2006 then I imagine a 2017 car is not the top of your financial priority list and so you may well go for the oldest car that avoids the charge. If you replace each affected pre 2006 car with a possibly only slightly newer than 2006 car, and I think that's reasonably likely, I wonder what actual difference it will make to the air quality?

Also, I have a sneaking suspicion if you did manage to reduce the number of cars on the road then the misery of driving will become more appealing to some of those subject to the misery of public transport and you will rapidly reach the same equilibrium of misery, at least as far as congestion is concerned.

I'm not saying the government shouldn't try to reduce pollution in the city, I'm just wondering if this is a good way to go about it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. this and a huge number of Chelsea tractors live within the congestion zone, do the school run , block rds , get about 5 to the gallon and pay fuck all...

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Not to mention the exemption to rubbish trucks fire engines and buses - most of which are knackered and spew out more Shite than the cars

17. I think the residents discount is 90% ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. yep can the emergency services... If those that live in central London don't like to see the working classes let em fend for em self

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Shouldn't live there then ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Unless you live centrally, I wouldn't even consider driving into central London. Tube/train is quicker and easier. Plus ive not ridden into town for well over 10yrs now. Parking is a mare and theft a worry. Plus the commute through certain areas is strenuous and tiresome. Too much traffic. Thus I chose to work local to where I live, forgo the increased salary which is offset by no travel costs (I walk) and lunch costs. (I go home for lunch) and save at least 3hrs a day where I would be commuting.

Its a good idea, but I guess some will focus on cost rather than the health aspect. Because money matters more to some. All diesels should be removed without hesitation and I applaud the Mayors stance and forthrightness on the issue. We should return to urban deliveries via milk float style. People should use shanks's pony more and get off their lazy fat arses. Yeah, all you fatsos. Gluttonous twerps. Show some self control and stop eating. Plump or chubby is fine, but ffs when it takes too long to walk round some of you, then something is wrong. I saw a lady other day that 'absorbed' her mobility scooter. It was hard to see where she began and the scoot ended. Was like seeing Davros in the flesh. So a power station provided electricity from coal and gas to allow the fecker to buy more cake.

Its half term and boy can I notice the better air. Fewer 4x4's carrying fat bastards and their lazy offspring hammering around impatiently. Soon they will be using tipper trucks to offload their fat obese little bastards at the school gates.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information