1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Fixed The Washing Machine

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Robarano, Aug 31, 2019.

1. I'm feeling strangely proud today. :yum

For a few months, the washing machine has been gradually getting louder, until it's now at the point where it sounds like it has half a hundred weight of breeze blocks sloshing about in it. o_O It had to be imminently about to go 'BANG' :bomb: The utility door had to be closed for the last 2 weeks when in use as it was unbearably loud when on full spin.

Advice from those in the know was to buy a Miele at between £700 - £1,000 :eek: Because that's a lot of money to wash my socks and I'd rather spend the moolah on a Suzuki than a Zanussi, I decided to fix it. It was pretty obvious the bearings were the culprit.

So some Youtube videos later, to see what I was up against, I ordered the new bearings, seals and belt for under £20. :)

Did it today and it was quite theraputic. :upyeah:

IMG_8436.JPG

IMG_8443.JPG
    IMG_8446.JPG

The front bearing was indeed well buggered as it looks like the water tight seal had worn away. The worst part of the job was getting these sods out. I spent about 1 1/2 hours on them. :mad:

IMG_8448.JPG

And look what I got out of the sump when I took the machine apart. The job almost paid for itself. :D

IMG_8437.JPG

It's happily washing away silently now and not a drop of water in sight. :) :upyeah:

#1 Robarano, Aug 31, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 17
    • Funny Funny x 4
  2. occasionally i'm forced to buy cake to quieten the washing machine down.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  3. It's amazing what us humans can accomplish when we apply the mind:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Washing machines, destruction, breeze blocks, hmmmmmm!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mine was about a week away from doing that. o_O

6. I remember when I actually diagnosed and repaired the hot air heating system I had in my old flat.

It does give you a warm glow of satisfaction, it's true.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. Well done :bucktooth:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. I may follow your lead.Mine is making a bit of a racket.

9. Now a featured thread. :eek: Whatever will people make if this forum when we feature washing machines on the front page? :laughing:

The thread about the Panigle R has been booted further down after only a day as we focus on more interesting things. :cool:

Screenshot 2019-09-01 at 09.33.21.png

#9 Robarano, Sep 1, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Diversity is the spice of life.......that's the message for all & sundry:upyeah:

11. Diversity is our strength!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  12. Twas my first job when i left school (fixing white goods) - fair play to doing the bearings - looks like the drum is plastic - old hoover washing machines were made out of metal so had to use a blow torch to heat it up to get the bearings out. I tend to strip the dish washer down to the chasis once every 18 months to clear that out (no matter what companies say, dishwasher cleaning products dont work) the only way to get all the sludge out is to pull it apart...fair play to them offering the bearing as a spare too...nice...

• Like Like x 2
  13. I thought this thread was going to be about first aid to SWMBO...

** Edit... just read the whole thread... well done Fin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. It's a good job I never titled it "I've just serviced the washing machine" then. o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Thanks that's very complementary from you;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Not just a pretty face eh Rob
    I bet that machine is gleaming
    :)

I know who to call next time

• Love You Love You x 1
  17. Yep, happily washing away silently this morning without any problems. :innocent:

IMG_8449.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1

18. Lenor gold?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I have an Aquarius too

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lenor. :bucktooth:

I feel a new poll coming on "Favourite Fabric Conditioner" :thinkingface:

Knowing the forum like I do, it'll be a featured thread withon the hour. :)

#20 Robarano, Sep 1, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information