1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Just Got 749s Won't Rev Past 8500rpms!

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Tmac88, May 4, 2017.

1. As per the title got a 2004 749S today. Needs a bit of tlc but generally good condition. It has 10k miles and is pretty much stock (stock exhaust etc).

When I accelerate it feels like a hit quite an aggressive limiter at 8500 rpms. I tried looking up fault codes by holding the left button on speedo ignition off then switch on but it just tries to change the time. When I hold both buttons it comes up with 999 but can cycle through to 749 r/s etc. Any ideas?

2. Do you think it electrical or fuel?Could be fuel filter. Does pump sound healthy? Look for bubbles in tank when pump is priming, a split fuel hose in tank causes that symptom.

3. Filter tends to make it feel wheeze, not like a limiter. Sounds like an ignition problem, plugs, coils or a connection.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

4. The dash button only shows fault codes if the EOBD light is lit

• Like Like x 1
  5. Have you sorted this yet?

6. No not yet, after speaking to John on here he reckons that since the belts were newly done (not by a ducati tech) it's possible the did not set the timing properly.
    I have it booked in to Ian Murray motorcycles in 2 weeks tomorrow to get sorted.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Got it looked over this morning. Fault code for engine rpm sensor. Hopefully replacing that will solve the issue.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Fingers crossed.... :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information