1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Got A R1 4xv For A Bit Of Fun

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Dr.D, Apr 8, 2017.

1. So, I have never had a R1, and then this original blue R1 4XV came up that needs a bit of tidying up and thought I will take the plunge. It will never be as pretty as my 998 but I have always thought the styling of the Yamaha R series was way better than any other japanese stuff.
    Anyway, it is in the garage today for a through looking over, as it has been stood for 10 years, but it only had 1 previous owner and he had it since it was 6 months old, and has a full service history so can't be far out.
    It need a bit of tlc and I really need a new blue tank and fairing, so if anyone knows of any let me know, but I think it is going to be a bit of fun, as it has been dynojetted, advanced ignition etc etc and producing 164bhp on old dyno charts.
    Seeing as I have never had one, if anyone has any tips for me let me know!
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. No advice but great bike nonetheless

Had one as my very first track bike and regretted selling it ever since , just enjoy

[​IMG]

3. mate if its running 164 bhp its had serious work as there only about 130 standard at the wheel. ive got a 4xv (red and white) with full arrow system re jetted and it makes 146 at the wheel. there great bikes mines definatly a keeper.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cheers chaps, I took it up to the garage today for a carb clean, mot etc. So fingers crossed I will be out on it soon!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information