1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Just How Comfy Is The Dp Seat Compared To That Razorblade Oem One?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by bootsam, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Is it better? I have a touch of bursitis on my left buttock from sitting at work all day long on bad chair. Boss has got me nice new chair, but the new pani was uncomfy compared to DP seat on old 1198. So looking for options.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I have them DP race seat on the 899. I prefer it massively to the standard. It's grippier and thicker. It changes the riding position a lot though. Dunno if you're talking about the race seat or the comfort seat.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Same as camelfarmer......i have the race seat and find it a massive improvement in terms of comfort and grippiness. Ive never tried the comfort seat so can't comment

• Like Like x 1
  4. Its the Ducati Performance race seat I was interested in. I believe they call it a comfort seat also, but thanks for the comments.

5. Iirc the race and comfort seat were two different items, its been awhile tho

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Two different seats. I've never tried the comfort but the race is a massive improvement. Especially if you're tall as it's quite a bit higher so gives more legroom

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Im 5'8" but I found my legs cramped up but I can live with that. Its the sore arse or monkey butt im concerned about as I am off to the Alps next wednesday. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. That ebay seat is whats already on it. Ouch. :)

9. Standard seat is too slippery. Comfort seat is firmer and adds about 30mm to the seat height. But I have to say for me the comfort seat isn't really more comfortable. I am a keen cyclist and am used to sitting on hard race saddles for hours at a time on my pushbike. I find I develop a numb bum if I sit on the comfort seat all day. There's too much pressure on the perineum. I haven't tried the race seat.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. That's the comfort seat mate

• WTF WTF x 1
  11. Comfort seat? Theyre having a giraffe. The DP one looks more padded. I'll try on of those at Snells nxt weekend methinks.

12. Actually I'm not sure what seat that is. Looks like the race seat but the description says it's neither the comfort or race. Put a pic of your seat up mate

13. Its the same as the one on fleabay. Its not the standard one in the top pic, but the lower one. Its not slippy like an oem one and its lycra(ish). So I guess I already have the 'comfort' seat lol. DP one for me then. :)

14. The one on the eBay link is a standard 1299 seat the top pic is a standard 1199 seat. The seat was changed slightly on the 1299 and possibly 899 too?
    They do a dp comfort and race seat I have the comfort seat on my 1199 and it's much better than standard. I would imagine the dp race seat is a similar profile to your standard 1299 seat.
    This is the comfort seat
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. "Comfort seat" most ironic named product ever, stick with the race seat is my advice

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Yep, DR Race or DP Comfort as Deano's above will do me. I'll try em both on for size at weekend. :)

17. This maybe a tight arse (pardon the pun) help.On longer runs, I've often used cyclists gel shorts under the leathers but ontop of pants or boxers. They offer wicking too so in general are a very adaptable piece of kit

These ones are not the cheapest but you get my drift and others and other prices are available http://www.wiggle.co.uk/endura-xtract-gel-shorts/

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. I have the comfort seat, I cant compare it with the standard, I had it fitted before I rode with the standard, it ain't comfortable by any means but isn't that the nature of the beast ?

My next point of call is to get the standard seat refurbed to suit

19. I have a dp comfort seat I'm happy to sell you can try on for size, it's a bit too tall for me as I'm 5' 6" on a good day. I may be around snells area Saturday, before a trip to oyb.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information