1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Just Joined....

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by markfireblade, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Got this last Tuesday, my first Ducati. We're in Somerset in the UK.
    It came all standard with panniers, top box, touring screen etc but I've been on a minor weight-shedding exercise..... Waiting for centre stand and seat spacers to arrive though.
    Cheers Mark

Multi~2.jpg

#1 markfireblade, Aug 1, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  2. That's a handsome beast. If you want to continue adding lightness, may I suggest a full decat exhaust system? That will save 4 or 5 kilos at least. The Ducati one is a Termi 'race' system (your stubby Termi is just jewelry), it's very good but also very expensive. There are cheaper alternatives. For instance I have an Arrows decat which saved a lot of weight and added a sonorous sound. You could probably sell your stubby Termi for half the cost of the Arrows.

3. Thank you.
    I just got the Termi (hence "minor" weight shedding) so I'll wait a bit before thinking about changing it.
    Does a full system need any remapping?

4. Welcome into the mad house newbie
    Nice sneaky bin pic :)

5. Thank you :)
    The bins do lower the tone a bit....

6. Not in here ;)

7. Welcome and the correct map for the full system comes with the system when you buy through an official supplier. Andy

8. If you want a bit more noise without lashing out too many £’s you can decat your std box. You can use the stubby that you’ve just purchased too.
    I did this to mine without remap etc.
    If you’re looking for more bits let me know. My friend has a load coming off his 19 plate 1260. Tail tidy, MRA screen, sat nav holder, Evotech lever protectors, Evotech Levers, Bark Busters, Luggage bags plus some other stuff.
    Pm if interested, I’ll pass on his numbers.

9. Oh good.
    Sounds like I found the right place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OK cool, thanks Andy.

11. OK thanks. I think I saw a decat how-to on here (or somewhere...). Might give it a go.

12. Gutting your cat with the std, or Termi, 'muffler' will make for an obnoxiously loud bike. Maybe you don't care about that though. The silencing isn't in the muffler itself, it's a straight through affair, but in the cat.

Your neighbours will hate you, it'll even probably be tiresome for you when on tour/long rides. You'll need a very friendly MOT tester too.

By all means try it but maybe buy a used cat box and gut the least attractive one so you can swap back when your ears start to bleed or you come around to selling the bike.

If it hasn't been done already by a previous owner try disconnecting the bowden cable from the exhaust flapper valve. This is behind the black metal shroud before the muffler. Wire the valve in the open position and add a spring to the end of the cable, secured with a washer, to prevent an error message on the dash. As an alternative to using the spring and to save some weight you can remove the servo and bowden cable though this will require some significant disassembly. You'll then need to plug in a servo eliminator module from Healtec to fool the ECU.

The flapper valve is only there to act as a cheat device for noise regs as the std exhaust is fairly fruity by modern standards. It closes at the specific revs/gear combo used in the official noise tests. Removing it helps throttle response by removing the fluffyness that the opening and closing value creates in that part of the rev range. Improves the bike at town speed riding IMHO.

#12 Bumpkin, Aug 2, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. The previous has done the flapper valve cable mod. I found this when I fitted the Termi, and scrubbed my plan to remove the servo. If I happen to have the bike apart for some other reason I'll probably do it. For the cat thing I'd have a second box to test it with and see how it sounds. Low priority though.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Welcome to the forum Mark.:)

15. Enjoy markfireblade'

16. “Obnoxiously loud bike.?”

Absolute rubbish…

I have this mod on my own bike..

I have elderly neighbours, been pulled in France, Luxembourg and Germany…

No complaints from neighbours and not one issue with foreign plod. Lux plod even noise tested me and my mates. No issue whatsoever.

Stop scaremongering.

And I’ll stand a test between my bike and any standard Mutley to prove you’re talking rubbish.

17. Not round here they don't ..... in fact they are mandatory .

@Ducbird will not leave you alone until she sees them ....... trust me !

:grinning:

Oops , almost forgot ....
    Welcome to the forum !

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Genuine question: do you have the std, Termi slip-on or another silencer?

20. I have a fully decatted standard box with a Termi slip on..
    Effectively a straight through system. Ive done this mod for at least 3 other forum members and a couple of mates.
    As I said, no issues and not obnoxious.
    However, running a straight through decat pipe, Arrow, Delkevich etc, will, without a doubt, piss off everyone!
    Had it on my 2011 and was embarrassed riding the thing. 12BB8816-1821-4AEB-BAFE-BB198E731B6B.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information