1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Lost All Power And Stopped !!

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Packman, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Looked at the weather today and yes no rain :upyeah: so got the Hyper out and bashed the 15 miles to work on the back roads :p ... 2 miles to go and she spluttered the dash lights went lou lar and she cut out and coated to a halt :sob: no lights on the dash nothing ... were is my small socket set yup in the van not in my rucksack :sob: now its in someones front garden in the middle of no wear dead as dead can be ... lucky for me a mate drove by going to work now im in the off with a big brew and chocolate square bars :sob: ....

Anyone :confused: battery died or loose connection maybe she was complaining on the 3rd gear minger just after the A5 down the hill :p

2. Oh bless you
    I can't help you
    Did the choc and brew help a bit o_O

3. Id say battery - if youve lost everything....theyre lumpy engines so stuff does tend to shake loose. I replaced the stock battery nuts on mine with nylock jobbies to stop them coming loose....when they did last i had almost the same thing....mine lost power on one cylinder then the other, then the clocks died....luckily i had my multi tool on me and found it straight away but only one had come loose....

4. Duckbird the brew was ace so was the choc square bars ... roll on breakfast !

• Like Like x 1
  5. Im saying battery as well she was a little slower than usual to turn over this morning , its in a garage with no power so trickle charge is not a option ATM
    still well p'''ed off at the mo brew time again !

6. If youve got no trickle charger id hazzard you'd need to ride it for once at least every two weeks....otherwise itll be flat....my 525 supermoto was stuck at a local engineers place for 3 weeks waiting for a helicoil job and when i got it back it was as flat as a pancake - had to kick start it. Its got an onboard alarm with tilt sensor....once id kicked it over it was ok but once i got it back home it was back on the tender....

7. If it started ok and ran for a while, battery is probably OK and more likely to be the Reg/rec has failed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. If theres no lights at all I would suspect a main fuse has blown.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. My mate hooked up a small solar panel off Amazon and connected it to an Optimate.

10. Sorted ... the eyelet had snapped clean off the battery terminal ... had to use my sons car to pop home and get the van to retrieve it out of said garden lol. Got the kit at work all sorted ready to set some car alarms off again in the morning at 6 :p

• Like Like x 4
  11. Some of exiges heavy duty bad boys to get in order then!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Yep just replaced it with a HD item from work that will never snap again ...

13. Exiges cables are a heavy grade cable - they improve starting no end....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information