1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just One Of Those Days….

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Mark - Ducati Bournemouth, Jun 26, 2021.

1. So I took my old 748 for an MOT today and it absolutely sailed through with no advisories, just lots of compliments! I had it out and thought bollocks, let’s go for a spin….. the engine sounded beautiful, that gearbox was like silk, tagged on to the back of a guy on a Diavel and he wasn’t going to get rid of me, then there was the guy in the bmw estate who cheered me as I overtook him (window down of course!) The prick in the grey Passat that pulled out in front of me tried his best to get out the way, he was fine! I’ve had load of bikes with plenty of bhp over the years but my dear old 748 made my Panigale feel a bit shit today and reminded why I love it…..it’s just so special and makes me happy when I go for my 16.00 ‘motorpint’ at the weekend…forza Ducati and thanks for my dream bike!

• Like Like x 17
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thank goodness for that, was sure this was heading for an unhappy ending, going by title. :upyeah:
    my late friend Tim only rode my 748 once, he was used to many Japanese litre bikes, and his only comment was that the nosecone screen was in the wrong place.. Bless your heart Tim.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. Some of these older motorcycles provide more smiles per mile than the new generation crop.:upyeah:...and that reminds me i've one without an MOT.:cold_sweat:

4. So get it booked in? Street racing with Diavels awaits, as does applause from Beemer drivers - just remember to keep an eye out for grey people in Passats.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Unfortunately it needs two new tyres which i've not made my mind up on which brand / spec just yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. To be fair, he’d pulled out (not Hancock:joy:) and knew exactly what he’d done so couldn’t have got any more out the way!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Yours aren’t old enough to be exempt yet?:thinkingface:

8. And the beauty of such bikes is you can actually pin them (occasionally) as opposed to the newer bikes that are so quick that you’re constantly having to hold back with the throttle, one of the main reasons older less powerful bikes are more fun IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I was speaking about the 94 superlight.

• Like Like x 1
  10. "It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow..."

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Well I will be out on my 748 tomorrow, it still purrs along, and gives me enormous pleasure, I very much doubt that I'll ever buy another motorcycle now, but as long as I can enjoy this one, I will.

12. You have more fun on a slow bike going fast than on a fast bike going slow

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information