1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K2 Project

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by cookster, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Hi guys I know it's not a duc but though you might like to see my new project, it's my old k2 gsxr, I was undecided what to do with it untill I started tracking it and decided to turn it into a track only bike.

I used it quite a bit before track fairings were fitted along with new brakes, suspension ,wheels ect.

Once the fairings were fitted I though about the engine build. I spoke to Alan cook at road and race verwood and came up with the plan.

It's going to have full blue print, gas flowed head, yoshimura head gasket, yoshimira cams with adjustable cam pullies, yoshimira gear box, manual cam chain adjuster, titanium valve retainers, balanced crank and rods not lightened cos there new originals.

Will have a yoshimira ecu fitted and a translogic quick shifter.

New 520 chain and sprockets ,lightech rearsets, titanium bolts though out and hopefully a bora radiator/Oil cooler.

Once it's up and running it should be about 180 bhp which should be enough .

I'm going to paint it my company colours once it is back together with company name advertising my bike mot bay.

Here's a few pics so far....
    IMG_8523.jpg
    IMG-20181204-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20181204-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20181204-WA0002.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information