1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K5 Gixxer (anyone Near Cubo Moto In Huddersfield?)

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Dave, Sep 5, 2020.

1. I’m looking for a nice original K5 Gixxer thou.

There is a black one at Cubo Moto in Huddersfield that seems to fit the bill. It is a hell of a long way for me to go to view though. Is there anyone local who would be happy to drop by to look at the bike and give me a report on how it looks in the flesh?

2. @bettes? I’d go for you but I’m away for a few days.

3. I can pop round maybe tomorrow.

4. Thanks, but their website says they are shut on Sundays.

5. Ok. Monday I’m away with work until late evening. I should be able to get there Tuesday morning as I’m working nights.

• Like Like x 1
  6. You’ve seen the video that shows it’s better than a V4S haven’t you :p

• Like Like x 4
  7. That’s very kind @bettes. I’ll ring them on Monday to get all the gen, history etc. on the bike, but I’d really like to hear your independent assessment of it’s physical and cosmetic condition :)

8. No worries... :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Imagine how much faster the current one must be :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. NOTHING beats a K5 :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. A K9 will piss all over it!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. upload_2020-9-6_6-41-52.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. Bought a bike about 4 years ago from these guys - when they deliver it you have all the time you need to inspect it - pretty sure you are also covered by the distance selling regs that entitle you to reject the bike up to 7 days after delivery. I had no problems with these guys and the bike (996) was exactly as described. Hope that helps in some small way.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. 9441A157-2802-4F9B-A65E-AF3D3AF96836.jpeg
    Mine wouldn’t........

15. Good to hear a vote of confidence. I’d assume that distance selling regs apply as well :)

17. No, they don’t for motor traders.

18. If it's the Stealth one that's on Autotrader with the stock exhaust, I believe the Stealth also came with a Yoshimura end can from Suzuki when new.

I haven't bought from this dealer before, but in my experience they price things like this high. A few years ago I wanted the white with the red frame crossplane R1 that was only made in 2009 and saved a private Autotrader listing I liked the look of. It sold, then a few days later it was for sale by this dealer with around £1500-2000 added to the price, compared to the private sale.

They've had this Stealth for a while now, as I saw it on Autotrader with a higher price weeks ago. As clean as it may be, I think they're chancing their luck at that price, hoping it being a K5 Stealth will sell it. For comparison, I bought a very tidy K5 Stealth in 2015 with the Yoshi fitted, a mint engine and a few thousand more miles than this one for £4250.

19. Hi @MarkyPancake ... are you talking about this dealer specifically (do you know them well?) or dealers generally?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information