1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kawasaki Z900 Rs

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by noobie, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Looks nice. Maybe not taken the retro thing far enough me and it looks a bit tall. Wish they’d make these a bit lighter too.

2. They did a Zephyr in the 90's in this colour scheme - it didn't sell very well at all - funny how times change though, so maybe this will.
    Here's a 1997 one...

kawasaki_zephyr_750_1997_4_lgw.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. It’s the one bike I’m looking forward to seeing in 2018... hope it looks as good in the flesh.

4. That's the problem with all this kind of stuff, I never look twice as the older I get the less desire I have to push around and ride a bus.

First glance of the bike, in the link at the top of thread, I thought how much it looked like the original.

5. I don't really get all this retro dross ?? They're dated, move on....o_O

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Yeah I agree but... living in farkin landan getting a superbike out to nip up the road, in near-stationary traffic, that kinda bike is probably aimed at that sort ride, or the guys that want to just ride around but not go mad, don't need a fairing etc as they'll rarely if ever need one.

You know, old c&nts.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Mine moved on a little since 1975 - it would scare you :yum

Z1 Medium Web view.jpg

8. Puff :rolleyes:

o_O

9. That looks interesting on the inlet side of the head...

10. And that is my point, if you want an old bike, buy an old bike.
    PS, not scary, just an old air cooled duffer with a small fan :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Bet he's never been over 80 on it

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  12. KMH

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. What is it stu? Ray Jay and mr turbo?

#14 Wayne58, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2017
  14. Seen 145mph in a 30 and 180 on the clock (honestly not officer) when I was young and stupid rather than old and daft :p

15. Mr Turbo don't make turbo's :)
    It has Mr Turbo headers linked to a large RayJay unit and my own exhaust design & 1 off waste gate (well 2 off actually) my rear suspension design too. MTC 1197cc engine, 7.8:1 Low Comp Pistons, Welded and balanced crank. It was a1975 Z1B: and still is o_O

16. Blimey... what's the power at the tyre?

17. It was 185 :)

18. Jeez! Have your arms lengthened?

They have haven't they?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Love a blown bike, had stuff built before by Malc down at mb customs and Jack at holeshot. Never done anything with Sean mills at big cc though, don't really like the way he works. Had a zzr 14 a few years back with carillo rods, forged pistons lock up clutch, etc etc, ran at 6psi, was about 250bhp on pump fuel, but was circa 400bhp on race fuel at around 18psi. Great fun but ultimately quite useless at high boost, at 6psi, was a fantastic road bike though.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information